3 Fun Things To Do Off Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

It’s the weekend and you want to unwind and relax and take some time off and away from campus. Where should you go? To the bars on State Street? Boring. Out to Lost Dog for dinner with your friends? Been there, done that. The Binghamton Her Campus team has put together a little list of three fun things to do off campus, try them next time you’re bored!

1. Dinner at Wegman’s

If you’ve never been to Wegman’s or have been briefly but don’t understand all the hype- gather a group of friends and go to Wegman’s for dinner one night. Wegman’s has options to satisy every palette from sushi to subs, Italian to Chinese to Mexican, and my personal favorite- the Johnson City Mac and Cheese. Wegman’s is more than just a grocery store- it’s a foodie adventure. After dinner, walk around the store with friends and pick up some Wegman original snacks like the sugar-free dried papaya to keep in your room when you’re in need of a snack. 

2. Oakdale Mall

Sometimes we all just need a little retail therapy to take our minds off of our problems- until our newest problem becomes the amount of money spent on said retail therapy. While the Oakdale Mall may be a bit smaller than the mall you’re used to at home, it’s a mall nontheless and boasts a brand new Forever 21- perfect for picking up cute outfits at an inexpensive cost. So go alone or go with friends and enjoy a day or evening of shopping. 

3. Day Trip

Think outside the box and think outside of Binghamton- take a day trip somewhere! Perhaps you have friends at a nearby SUNY school- take a bus or drive your car to go and visit them and catch up for a day. Better yet, take a day trip to New York City and spend the day just exploring the city and having fun there! Bus lines like Megabus offer trips to the city for as low as $9 on Saturdays in the month of April so immerse yourself in NYC life for the day. 

Samantha Wieder is a senior at Binghamton University. She's majoring in English Rhetoric and minoring in Cinema. Heavily involved in campus, she's proud to be part of BTV, Binghamton's student run television station, as production manager on e-board. She's also a member of the Marketing Association, staff writer for Pipe Dream Release, and a sister of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi. During the summer of 2014, she was an Editorial Intern at Long Island Pulse Magazine in Patchogue, NY and during the summer of 2015, she was a Marketing and Communications Intern at Hazon, a Jewish non-profit in the Financial District. She looks forward to interning at FOX 40 in Binghamton during the spring 2016 semester and to begin a career in New York City for post-grad life. She looks forward to another incredible year of writing for Her Campus!
Binghamton Contributor