Winter Essentials Every Girl Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

The Bentley campus is filled with girls from all over the world. I hail from Massachusetts so I know how brutal the winter months can be, but you Cali, Florida and other warmer climated state girls don’t know the severity of the cold and snow that hits us here. Fear not! I am here to save your winter to provide you with a list of essentials that every girl here at Bentley needs to survive the winter.

Knitted headband

A knitted headband is essential for the winter since it keeps your ears toasty without messing up your hair when you take it off. They are stylish and cozy and can match any outfit you may wear.

Uggs

I know what you are thinking. Uggs aren’t the most stylish footwear around to wear in the colder months, but trust me ladies, these shoes will keep your feet warmer than ever, and since heat escapes your body the quickest from your head and your feet, these are definitely an essential.

Peacoat

This is my personal favorite of the winter essentials. Peacoats dress up any outfit and are the perfect jacket to wear out on a date or to a fancy event you may have to attend and keep you warm at the same time. They come in all different colors and lengths so pick your favorite and rock one to your next dinner!

Texting gloves

On a cold walk to class gloves are a priority to keep your hands from freezing, but what happens when you get a text you want to respond to? Normal gloves block your fingers and your phone won’t pick up the sensors to type your text, so normally you would either have to wait to respond or take off your gloves and suffer through the cold while typing your message. Texting gloves will become your new best friend. They have sensors on the tips of the fingers so that your phone will feel you typing and you can send your text and keep warm at the same time.

Scarves

The perfect winter outfit: leggings, a sweater, and a scarf. Scarves keep your neck warm while looking stylish and add coziness to your look. I never leave my dorm without one around my neck.

Photo credits

1/ 2/ 3/4/ 5

Bentley University