Why Everyone Should Have a Friendsgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Friendsgiving is more than just another opportunity to eat a ridiculous amount of food. It is actually a good time to reconnect with friends and relax. Here is why everyone should have a Friendsgiving

1)      If you are in college, you probably haven’t seen your friends in a while

Chances are you probably went to a different college than most of your high school friends. If this is the case, Friendsgiving is the perfect opportunity to get the whole crew back together to reconnect and share all the details about what has been going on in your life. And even if you have seen each other recently or go to the same school, why not get together anyway and have a night full of food and fun?

2)      Forget about the stress of school

Getting together with your friends is the perfect way to forget about the stress of school. Didn’t do so hot on your last exam? Who cares, it’s Friendsgiving and it’s time to pig out and leave the worry behind you.

3)      Did I mention there will be food?

It doesn’t matter if you already celebrated Thanksgiving or you are about to. Having a Friendsgiving means one thing: more food. You can even mix it up and have everyone bring dishes that aren’t typical for a Thanksgiving meal like cranberry pecan pie, sweet potato tots, or applesauce mac and cheese.

4)      You might not even have to cook!

If you aren’t the best cook in the world or you are just too lazy, you can always make your Friendsgiving a potluck. This way everyone can just bring leftover food from their Thanksgiving dinner to Friendsgiving and not have to worry about having the time to make double the food!

5)      You realize how thankful you are

Having a Friendsgiving can make you realize how thankful you are for your friends and those around you. This is especially true for those people who you might not see every day but you are lucky to know and have in your life. Friendsgiving is the perfect time to let them know you care about them and how you are grateful to know them.   

Hello! Bentley '19
Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.