etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What To Do in New Hampshire

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

New Hampshire, the state that preaches the motto “live free or die”, where seatbelts are optional, sales tax is nonexistent, and the state where you can find liquor & wine outlets right off of the highway. NH features a gorgeous rocky coastline with New England beaches to die for; too many mountains to count letting residents and visitors hike all summer, and beautiful forests and lakes that cover the granite state. New Hampshire is filled with entertainment, nature and culture, and is the perfect destination for a summer getaway. Here’s a list of things to do this summer if you happen to make a trip up.

Beaches: Lounging on the beach is free (except for Wallis Sands & Sandy Beach), but parking fees vary depending on the season/day of the week/time of day.

•  Hampton Beach – Hampton, NH
  • Jenness State Beach – Rye, NH
  • North Hampton State Beach – North Hampton, NH
  • Sandy Beach – New Castle, NH
  • Seabrook Beach – Seabrook, NH
  • Wallis Sands State Beach, Rye, NH

Mountains: It would be tedious of me to mention every single mountain and hill NH has to offer, so here’s a quick sampling. There are so many hiking trails in this state, that have a range of difficulties from easy to difficult. So you can either spend a couple hours enjoying the view, or spend a whole day climbing.

Mt. Monadnock – Jaffrey Center, NH – Moderate – 4.0 miles – Half Day

Northern Rail Trail – Lebanon, NH – Moderate – 24 miles – Full Day

Washington, Monroe and Eisenhower – Marshfield Station, NH – Difficult – 10 miles – Full Day

Franconia Ridge – Mt. Lincoln & Lafayette – Franconia, NH – Difficult – 8.5 miles – Full Day

[pagebreak]

June:

17th: Fireworks on Hampton Beach every Wednesday night beginning June 17th, 2015.

18th, 19th, 20th: Visit Hampton Beach for the 15th Annual Sand Sculpting Competition. 12 sand sculpting masters that have competed around the world come and sculpt with the hopes of winning over $15,000 in prize money. Lie out and soak up the rays while the experts do what they do best.

27th-28th: Summer Solstice Craft Festival on the Plains – Over 75 Juried craftsmen and craftswomen from all over New England will display and sell their American made works in Kingston Plains in Kingston, NH.

July:

Take a complimentary tour of the Anheuser-Busch Brewery in Merrimack, NH. For 21+ enjoy some complimentary beer, and then take a stop to visit the World-Famous Budweiser Clydesdales. Check daily schedules, upon your arrival, for tour times. 

10th: Darius Rucker – at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion at Meadowbrook. With special guests Brett Eldridge & Brothers Osborne.

19th: New Hampshire 301 – The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series returns to New Hampshire Motor Speedway for the 23nd consecutive year on July 19, 2015 in the form of the New Hampshire 301.

August:

4th: Ariana Grande Honeymoon Tour – Ariana Grande is coming to Manchester at the Verizon Wireless Arena. If you’re  fan of the “Love Me Harder” crooner, then this show can’t be missed.

6th-8th: SoulFest – Gunstock Mountain Resort to Host 18th Annual SoulFest. Celebrating 18 years of music, love and action, the SoulFest is held annually in the picturesque White Mountains of Gilford, New Hampshire at Gunstock Mountain Resort.

14th: Lee Brice – For fans of country music, get tickets to Lee Brice’s summer concert at the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom right on Hampton Beach. The show is general admission for anyone 18+. Visit casinoballroom.com for more details.

TBA: Latino Festival at Veterans Memorial Park in Manchester, NH

29th: Dover Mini Maker Faire – The Children’s Museum of New Hampshire is hosting the 3rd annual “celebration of creativity and innovation” Maker Faire. In Dover, this Mini Maker Faire is primarily geared towards a younger crowd, but as a visitor of last year’s event,  I can say I had a great time exploring the exhibits on a nice summer day. 

Sources: 1/ 2/ 3/ 4

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter. 
Bentley University