clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Victoria Wong ’17, President of Gamma Phi Beta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Hometown: Randolph, New Jersey

Graduation Year: 2017

Major: Global Management, with an LSM in Health and Industry

Campus Involvements: Gamma Phi Beta

Interest: Food

HCB: What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?

VW: Probably bungee jumping. I did that in New Zealand. One of the scariest things I’ve ever done, because you had to do it yourself. They weren’t allowed to touch you or anything, so you physically have to push yourself. And it freaked me out because the guy before me was like a 40 year-old man and he was too scared. And I was like, “you’re scaring me, man.” But I think that was one of my greatest experiences because that made me realize that I can do anything.

HCB: If seasons could have one dish and they cooked it very well what would you want it to be?

VW: I would say a really good chicken parm, but they already have that. They already have garlic bread right? Maybe a really good cheesy garlic bread, and by the loaves, not given out in slices—it has to be loaves. Like just give me a loaf at a time.

HCB: Who are your male/female celebrity crushes?

VW:  Male is John Krasinski, the guy from The Office.  I feel like he’s just an amazing human being. He’s just—ugh—he’s just so funny. I feel like he’s Jim in real life. For female, I like Ellen DeGeneres, and I like Emma Watson. And whats that girl’s name, who is married to John Legend? Chrissy Teigen, right? I just think that she is so relatable, and she is not afraid to be herself, which is pretty rare nowadays for celebrities. I feel like I could be friends with her.

HCB: Tell me the Who, What, Where, When, and How of your PERFECT date

VW: Oh my goodness. It would definitely be around sunset time, you know what I’m talking about, that mood. We would obviously get dinner, so it would be food related. It would probably be Italian, because you can never go wrong with Italian. I’d probably have chicken parm or penne a la vodka. There has to be garlic bread, that’s just a given. For the date we would probably just be lying down and watching the stars or meteor showers. Just something chill and relaxing. Or maybe hiking would be fun, but not at night because we would be attacked by bears.

HCB: What is your favorite pickup line?

VW: I like cheesy ones. I think they’re so funny. I really like cheesy and corny things. Even if they are not legitimate, I just think they are funny as a joke.

HCB: What superhero would you go out on a date with?

VW: I mean, based on the movie, Deadpool is pretty funny. But I don’t think I would date him—I don’t know. Oh, Iron Man! He is very funny, but I mean he is very old, which is horrifying. But he is very funny, he would make me laugh. So I would go with that one. And I like the whole technology thing too, that’s very cool, playing with gadgets.

HCB: What is your spirit animal?

VW: Definitely a koala. They are so cuddly, they sleep all day, and they just eat. That’s their existence. And they are so cute! I held one and its butt was so fluffy, I wanted to die. I was just squeezing it…so yeah a koala for sure.

HCB: If you were a crayon what color would you be?

VW: I would go with a mint green, like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Seafoam, if you will. Yeah I like seafoam, I feel like it’s just a very calming color, it’s refreshing.

HCB: If you had a reality TV show what would you want the name of it to be?

VW: I would want it to rhyme ideally, but I don’t think anything rhymes with Victoria. Maybe…I don’t know. I’m not creative enough for these questions.

HCB: What is your all-time favorite movie?

VW: I have a lot of favorite movies. I love Aladdin, I just think it’s a classic. And “A Whole New World” is my favorite song, I think it’s very inspiring. But, for like a real movie, I love The Notebook, like any other female. I really like symbolic movies, like Avatar and Life of Pi, the very artistic movies that mean something. But some of those movies just go way over my head. I’m not into scary movies at all. They scare the living poop out of me. 

HCB: What is your vision going into your second semester as President of Gamma Phi Beta?

VW: I want to set it up where we are able to grow longevity-wise, and for everything to run smoothly. I don’t know, I just want to help the next e-board and make sure that it is a smooth transition so it’s not like “hey,” then they’re thrown in and are like, “uh…ok.” And I just want to get our name out there and get more involved in the community and not just Greek Life, and that we are incorporated into the Bentley community.

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.