Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Top Girl Bands of the 90's

Posted Mar 28 2012 - 12:26am

With the winter weather behind us, Bentley University has sure caught the spring fever in the past few weeks.  With the warm weather, everyone begins to come out of hibernation and all we want to do is de-stress from schoolwork and blast some tunes to get into the spring sprit. While everyone loves to pump the dub-step and current hits, nothing can compare to the greatness of some classic girl bands that no true 90’s girl can resist. 

When you’re in need of some wicked great 90’s throwbacks, here is the list of the greatest girl bands that we grew up listening to!

SALT ‘N PEPA

salt n pepa, girl band, 90s

Before Salt ‘N Pepa had their own chaotic reality show on VH1, they were one of the first female rap groups of the 90’s at a time when female rappers were relatively uncommon.  Not only did Salt N’ Pepa pave the way for other awesome 90’s hip-hop girl bands such as TLC and Destiny’s Child, but they TOTALLY brought in a whole new wave of 90’s style.  Bold and bright colors, denim on denim, AND parachute pants?  I mean hey, they were the 90’s fashion icons!

Pages

You Might Also Like...
Fill out my online form.