This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

The leaves are beginning to change and pumpkin spice is officially at Dunkin’ and Starbucks. That can only mean one thing: ‘tis the season to complete all of your favorite fall things this year. Here is a list of things that you should do before the weather gets cold and the trees become bare!

1.) Apple Picking

Grab a group of friends and go apple picking! Try out different apples and maybe even go on a hayride if the farm has one!

2.) Pumpkin Carving

Get creative and carve a pumpkin—just make sure you don’t do it too far away from Halloween!

3.) Visit a Haunted House

Grab your roommates along and find a haunted house to get into the Halloween spirit!

4.) Decorate Your Dorm

To make it feel like fall, decorate your dorm room. This can be as simple as decorating your door, adding cobwebs to the corners, or even buying Halloween decorations.

5.) Capture the Leaves Changing Color

Make sure to take plenty of fall pictures that include the different colored leaves—it’s a fun thing to do with a big group of friends too!

6.) Eat as Many Pumpkin Flavored Things as Possible

Where shall we begin? Coffee, cupcakes, donuts, Frappuccinos, bread…the list goes on, but make sure to get your pumpkin spice fix before winter hits and you have to wait until next year to have this seasonal favorite!

7.) Plan Cute Halloween Outfits with Your Best Friends

It’s never too early to start thinking about what you are going to be for Halloween! Peruse through Pinterest for infinite costume inspiration.

8.) Watch a Scary Movie

Want to get into the Halloween spirit? Watch a scary movie and make sure you bring popcorn, candy, and friends…and a blanket to hide behind.

9.) Visit a Corn Maze

This is another fun thing to do with friends; have fun and make sure you don’t lose anyone!

10.) Stock up on Halloween Candy

What’s better than bite-sized candy? Make sure you stock up on all your favorite Halloween treats (especially after Halloween, when it’s on sale)!

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Native New Yorker Brooke Camarda has had her eclectic share of jobs—from the runways of NYFW to the haunted hallways of NYZ Apocalypse. Commonly known by her alter ego of Wonder Woman, there's no task or adventure that the skydiving-enthusiast isn't willing to take on. She loves typography and cappuccinos almost as much as she loves her (very) big family, and is thrilled to be writing for Bentley University's chapter of Her Campus.