Tips for Surviving (and Thriving) on Black Friday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Are you ready for Black Friday 2015? Here is a list of tips that will help you to be the best shopper in the crowd.

Before the Big Day…

1.     Do your research. Take a few spare minutes (or hours) to look through the endless flyers and emails to find the best deals.

2.     Make a list of the items you want so that you’re not wandering around aimlessly when you get there. Stay true to your list to avoid all those impulse buys.

3.     Scope out the scene beforehand so that you know exactly where your items are in the store. Efficiency is key.

4.     Limit yourself to the amount of money you bring (also to help avoid those impulse buys).

The Day Of…

5.     Put on something soft and something stretchy. Preferably something involving yoga pants and sneakers- who knows how long you’ll be standing in line for.

6.     Get pumped up. A large coffee from Dunkin and some new Justin Bieber jams will prepare you for whatever is in store for you.

7.     Be prepared to hold your ground. These deals bring out the animal in people, so be ready to be pushed around a little bit. Stay strong (maybe bulking up a little bit beforehand is a good idea).

8.     And lastly, celebrate (and then go back to bed) because you just survived Black Friday.

Image source: http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2014/11/26/from-black-friday-to-cyber-monday-4-strategies-for-mastering-thanksgiving/

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.