Stuff Bentley Kids Do

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Each college has its own unique set of phrases or stereotypes, and Bentley is no different. Check out our list of things Bentley kids typically do:

• Forever complaining about the Smith stairs
  • Becoming addicted to the F’Real shakes from Mad Falcon
  • Going to sports games just to get a free shirt or fried dough
  • Griping about the Bentley gender ratio
  • Knowing that every Thursday is either the day you love or the day you hate at Seasons
  • Refusing to walk to Lower because it is on another planet
  • Sunbathing on the Greenspace when it’s 50 degrees
  • Dodging Frisbees on warm days
  • Searching for empty classrooms during finals week
  • Complaining about having to take science classes at a business school
  • Fighting through lines at the shuttle stop to make it on
  • Referring to President Larson as Gloria
  • Mixing everyone’s laptops and backpacks up because they’re all the same
  • Calling freshmen the “baby falcs”
  • Wearing a suit to class like it’s no big deal
  • Becoming besties with Camille
  • Having a cup of tea with Professor Snyder
  • Checking BentleyLink everyday after you’ve submitted an appliction to see if you got an interview
  • Using all your discretionary in the first two weeks of the semester
  • Feeling ripped off when you sell back your books even though you’re selling them
  • Taking fruit from seasons
  • Accumulating 100+ tshirts over 4 years
  • Not actually knowing what North Campus looks unless you live there
  • Making jokes about accounting and finance
  • Looking forward to Spring Day since September of every year
  • Doing no reading on Reading Day
  • Bringing full sized beds into handicap dorm rooms
  • Contemplating having a sleepover in the Bubble or a library group study room
  • Tripping up the Smith stairs
  • Wiping out on wet crosswalk paint
  • Getting your car towed at least once while at Bentley
  • Geting Student Life, Student Affairs, and Student Activities all mixed up

What’s your favorite thing that Bentley kids do? Tell us below!

Olivia is a senior at Bentley University studying Information Design and Corporate Communication. On campus, she is an Admission Fellow and Peer Facilitator for Bentley’s First Year Seminar program, as well as Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Bentley. In her spare time, Olivia enjoys reading, writing, spending time with family and friends, traveling, and going to Disney World (she’s obsessed).
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.