Spring into the Season with Crafts

Create some simple vases for flowers to spruce up your space!

What you need:

Old glass jar

Faux or real flowers

Ribbon (optional)

What to do:

1. Find a glass jar. Some that work perfectly are salsa jars, mason jars, pickle jars, or Starbucks Frappuccino glasses!
  2. Clean the jar thoroughly with soap and water.
  3. Find some flowers outside, or you can buy some at your local craft store. They also have them at the Dollar Store!
  4. Add water if they’re real! You can then tie a ribbon or yarn around the top of your jar to add something extra.
  5. Place your arrangement in the jar and display them all over your dorm room—or give them as gifts to your friends!

Here is an example I made myself!

If you want to get ready for Easter early this year, we have the perfect craft for you!

What you need:

Paint chips from your local paint store, Walmart, or Home Depot

String

Scissors

Hole puncher

What to do:

1. Cut out an egg shape as a template.
  2. Trace the egg on each of the paint chips and cut them out
  3. Punch two small holes in the top of each egg
  4. Thread the string through each of the eggs
  5. Find the perfect spot in your dorm or at your home to hang them!
  6. Enjoy a festive Easter!

Want something to lie on when you take a nap on the green space?

Make a Tie Blanket!

This is a quick and easy project. Although it may be a bit more costly than some other projects, you will have a blanket to use both inside and out!

What you need:

Fleece blanket, which you can get at your local craft store

Scissors

What to do:

1. Lie out your fleece blanket so that the two pieces of fabric are aligned with one another
  2. Cut a square out of each corner of your blanket. A good thing to use for reference is a Post-It, so you can cut a 4’ x 4’ square from each corner.
  3. Begin cutting ¼ inch strips around the edge of the blanket
  4. Then, take two of those strips and tie them together in a knot.
  5. Continue to do this around the entire blanket until it’s complete.
  6. You now have a great blanket to lie on the green space on those beautiful spring days!

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Allison Weed is a sophomore at Bentley University. She is planning on majoring in Marketing with a minor in Information Design and Corporate Communication. She is the treasurer of the Bentley University chapter of Her Campus.

You Might Also Enjoy