This Season’s Dark Nail Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

I’m sad to say that it’s time to put away the neon nail polishes and it’s time to whip out the darker shades.  As winter approaches and fall is ending, dark shades of nail polish are more on point.  I know, sometimes, dark can be associated with being boring, but it can also be exciting.  There are so many creative and interesting ways to make dark nail polish just as exciting as bright colors; you just need to know how.  Personally, I focus on designs more than the colors for darker nails.  Having a great design with simple colors can be chic and trendy.  Here are a few ideas on how to take your winter nails from being simple and “boring” to eye-catching and fun. 

1.     Black and Gold nails are edgy and go with everything!  All you need is black nail polish and gold glitter. 

2.     Black and white nails are so classic, that doing a different design on each nail makes it classy and cool at the same time

3.     Splatter Paint nails is a summer design but by using dark colors it gives it a completely different effect.  Start by using a black base and adding as many colors as you want.

Sources: 1/ 2/ 3

Bentley University