Rachel Lindsay is the New Bachelorette: What We Know So Far

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

On February 13, ABC shocked Bachelor Nation by announcing that Rachel Lindsay would be the new Bachelorette. Rachel is still a current contestant vying for the heart of Season 21 Bachelor Nick Viall, and millions of viewers are stunned that ABC would make the announcement before her elimination. While we all wait and wonder how and when she gets sent home, let’s get to know the star of Season 22. Who is Rachel Lindsay? Here’s what we know so far.

Rachel is 31 years old, which makes her the oldest Bachelorette in the show’s history.

She is 6 years older than the youngest Bachelorette, JoJo, who was 25 years old at the time of filming.

She’s from Dallas, Texas, where she is a civil defense attorney.

In her recent appearance on The Ellen Show, Rachel said that after she was sent home, she went right back to work.

Rachel is the first black Bachelorette.

ABC finally took a step forward in making the show more diverse, a long-standing desire of Bachelor Nation viewers. 

She is an aunt.

Rachel has a two and a half year old nephew named Alistair, who makes frequent appearances on her Instagram. On Jimmy Kimmel Live, Rachel said that she’s looking to meet someone who is ready to start a family, and we’re sure Alistair is giving her plenty of parenting practice.

Rachel received the first impression rose from Bachelor Nick Viall on night one.

She didn’t make it to the end, but Rachel hit it off with Nick right from the very beginning.

Nick let her go, and she was heartbroken.

After the Bachelorette announcement, millions of viewers wondered whether she left the show on her own, or got eliminated. Rachel recently revealed that Nick let her go, and she was shocked. It has now been 3 months since filming, and she says she has moved on completely.

Rachel begins her journey as the Bachelorette in March, and the season will air on ABC starting in May. We can’t wait to see if she finds the love she’s looking for!

Photos: 1 / 2 / 3

Bentley University 2019
Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.