Public Relations and Social Media Panel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

On April 11, Her Campus and 85 Broads held a public relations and social media panel in LaCava! There were six panelists at this event and each discussed their roles within their jobs. The panelists included Melissa Nazar from High Street Partners, Nicole Shepard from Lois Paul and Partners, Andi Barton from Likeable Media, Joanna Howarth from Bentley University Department of News and Communications, Kelsey Halloran from d50 Media, and Spencer Bramson from influencers@. This event was a great way to learn about social media and public relations in the workplace! 

Here are the six panelists introducing themselves and discussing their jobs.

The room was packed with Bentley students interested in learning about social media and public relations.

Here are the panelists up close! From the left, Melissa Nazar, Nicole Shepard, Andi Barton, Joanna Howarth, Kelsey Halloran, and Spencer Bramson

Here is Professor Alyssa Hammond asking the panelists questions about their jobs.

The event was a success! This was a great way to learn about social media and public relations from professionals.

Social Media Co-Chair, Guest Writer
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.