Pros and Cons of Living on Lower Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Housing picks are not for a while, but if you haven’t thought about where you want to live next year you should probably get on that. There are pros and cons of living anywhere on campus and lower definitely has its perks and deal breakers. After living on lower for a semester I have complied a list of pros and cons that anyone who’s thinking of living on lower should consider…

The Pros-

There’s always something going on during the weekends

Lower is the place to be on the weekends.

Nicer suites with large windows

Am I the only one who thinks it’s odd that there is no window in the Forest and Kresge common rooms?

Elevators

This may not seem like a big deal, but trust me this makes a world of difference when moving in, bringing up groceries, or if you live on the fourth floor and have had a long day. (Orchard North and South are the exception to this pro).

The gym and Currito are on lower

Some people feel this will motivate them to go to the gym more, I have found that it motivates me to eat more snack wraps and burrito bowls…

Free food whenever there’s an event

Just walk outside and its food trucks galore…homecoming, accepted students day, open house, you name it. There seems to be free food on lower quite often and who doesn’t love free food?

Parking

There will almost always be parking available in the orchard garage, the same cannot be said about the Forest/Kresge lot…one could complain about the location of the garage though…

The Cons-

The walk to upper campus if you don’t have a car

This is probably the most influencing factor when deciding to live on lower or not. The loop is not always reliable and that walk to class is a long one…

And if it’s not the weekend nobody wants to visit you

Ain’t nobody want to make that trip down to you.

Iffy cell service

I have never dropped more calls in my life.

Limited apartment options

The only apartment options are ORSO and ORNO so either you eat seasons for dinner another year or live in a rundown apartment with no elevator…your choice.

Photo Sources:

https://i1.wp.com/cdn.bgr.com/2013/06/verizon-guy.jpg?w=625

https://currito.com/assets/parts/img-burrito-8caec7ac39f5ebaed91cd4f4bbfbb9b9.png

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.