This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

These Pinterest Picks of braided hairstyles may just give us the inspiration we need to avoid the temptation of putting our hair in a messy bun every day…

Elevate your updo with a textured Dutch braid at the top of your head, then tie back the rest of your hair into a textured ponytail

For a side-swept look, dramatically part your hair and use the smaller side to create ultra-cool accent braids

Two tight, defined Dutch braids will keep your hair in place and off your face—from class, to the gym, to a night with friends

This low-maintenance boho braid starts just at the crown and sweeps back for a versatile look that can be dressed up or down

Add a dainty fishtail to a messy bun for a look that’s just as comfortable and infinitely more chic

Dashing details like these gold hair rings create a braided look that’s anything but basic

This romantic pull-through braid achieves elegance with ease

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

Native New Yorker Brooke Camarda has had her eclectic share of jobs—from the runways of NYFW to the haunted hallways of NYZ Apocalypse. Commonly known by her alter ego of Wonder Woman, there's no task or adventure that the skydiving-enthusiast isn't willing to take on. She loves typography and cappuccinos almost as much as she loves her (very) big family, and is thrilled to be writing for Bentley University's chapter of Her Campus.