stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

No Time for Sick Days!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

As we all get back into the swing of things this fall at Bentley, our taxing schedules are sure to take a toll on our bodies. We all know that it’s super important to recharge mentally—and it’s easy to remember to fix some Netflix into our schedules for a break—but we also have to remember to recharge physically! This means being proactive about taking care of our bodies to prevent getting sick and run down. Here are five tips and tricks to stay on top of your physical health while on campus!

1.)  Wash your hands!!!! This seems like a no-brainer, but actively try to wash your hands for a little longer than usual—and not only after you use the restroom. Washing up here and there is super important on a germy college campus.

2.)  Sundays are for room cleaning. With the help of your roomies, do a swift clean of your dorm room after a long week of chaos. Staying on top of dusting, cleaning with Lysol wipes, vacuuming, and doing laundry will help keep your living space in tip-top shape. Remember to clean out your A/C vents if your room has one, too!

3.)  Neti Pot—probably not everyone has heard of this one, but the Neti Pot is a little instrument used for “nasal irrigation” (as it says on the box). If you’re bold enough to try it, the Neti Pot flushes your nose out by passing distilled water in one system and out the other. It sounds crazy, but this seriously clears away your stuffy nose and can flush out your sinuses to prevent illness!

4.)  DRINK WATER. We all know how important this is—so hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Not only will it keep you healthy inside, but your skin will thank you as well.

5.)  Try Emergen-C, Airborne, or another vitamin C booster. Obviously this is not for everyone, but ask a parent or doctor if they think taking an immune boosting supplement would be beneficial for you. As soon as I start feeling a sore throat coming on, I swear by taking an Emergen-C!

Images via: 1 / 2 / 3

Swimmer & Nicholas Sparks enthusiast
Native New Yorker Brooke Camarda has had her eclectic share of jobs—from the runways of NYFW to the haunted hallways of NYZ Apocalypse. Commonly known by her alter ego of Wonder Woman, there's no task or adventure that the skydiving-enthusiast isn't willing to take on. She loves typography and cappuccinos almost as much as she loves her (very) big family, and is thrilled to be writing for Bentley University's chapter of Her Campus.