Nicole Bamford ’13, Bridgewater Associates Recruiter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Nicole Bamford ’13

Job Title: Technology Associate Program Recruiter

Company: Bridgewater Associates

Location: Westport,CT

HCB: Briefly describe what you do.

NB: I am a campus recruiter, recruiting the top 1% of tech talent in the country to join the Technology Associate Program at Bridgewater. The Technology Associate Program is the elite track for developing new graduates into the leaders who will shape and create the future of technology at Bridgewater, one of the world’s largest and most successful hedge funds.

HCB: What do you like most about your current job?

NB: The best part about my current job is being able to give new graduates their first job at a company that will truly make you the best version of yourself. It will challenge you every day and you will learn more about yourself than ever before.

HCB: What is your favorite memory or experience from your time at Bentley?

NB: My favorite memory at Bentley is during “first week” freshman year where I met my best friends. Those few people I met and became friends with that week were the same people I celebrated with on our last day at Bentley.

HCB: What is your one piece of advice for current Bentley students?

NB: My one piece of advice for current Bentley students is to enjoy every moment while you can. That test that you’re stressing about now, will be something you’ll never think about again once you leave. Spend time with the people you care about, make the most of every opportunity, and most importantly have fun and make memories. Bentley is an amazing place to be and your time there goes by so quickly. And finally don’t take yourselves so seriously. You’ll only be this young and carefree once, make the best of it.

HCB: What is something you think should be on every Bentley student’s bucket list?

NB: GO ON THE BAHAMAS TRIP! Seriously, it will be one of the best weeks of your life. Never again will you get an experience like that.

Bentley University '15