New Netflix Recommendation: The End of the F***ing World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Over winter break Netflix came out with a new original series called The End of the F***ing World—and though it was a show I didn’t expect to like, I wound up becoming slightly obsessed. The show is based on a graphic novel series depicting the unlikely relationship between two teenagers named James and Alyssa.

The show is a dark comedy in which James believes he is a sociopath and chooses Alyssa as his first human victim. Though the premise may seem creepy, the show is actually much funnier than you’d expect, and it becomes more of a coming of age story.

With each episode, you get more attached to the characters and more invested in their story. There are only 8 episodes—each around 20 minutes long—so it’s a quick binge-watch with an ending that will leave you screaming for another season.  

Hope you guys check it out!

Images: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

Native New Yorker Brooke Camarda has had her eclectic share of jobs—from the runways of NYFW to the haunted hallways of NYZ Apocalypse. Commonly known by her alter ego of Wonder Woman, there's no task or adventure that the skydiving-enthusiast isn't willing to take on. She loves typography and cappuccinos almost as much as she loves her (very) big family, and is thrilled to be writing for Bentley University's chapter of Her Campus.