Jenna Surface ’09

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Name: Jenna (Arnold) Surface

Major/Year of Graduation: B.S. Accountancy 2008, M.S.A. 2009

Hometown: Peabody MA

Current Employer: PwC

HerCampus Bentley: How was your experience at Bentley?

Jenna Surface: My experience at Bentley was amazing!  I met some of my best friends and got a great education that has allowed me to be successful today.

HCB: Have you heard of anything changing at Bentley that you wish you had when you were there?

JS: I’ve been back to campus many times since graduating to recruit for PwC.  I was impressed when I saw the changes to the Lacava dining center a few years back.  I’ve also heard there have been major improvements to the food at Seasons.

HCB: What was one of your favorite memories at Bentley?

JS: I was a cheerleader for the men’s football and basketball teams.  The basketball team was really good and the games were fun to attend.  They were undefeated and made it to the final four tournament.  Most of the school went to the games and everyone would wear white for the Bentley “white-out”! I also got to go to cheerleading nationals in Daytona, FL three times!

HCB: Who was your favorite professor? For which class?

JS: Jay Thibideau – Auditing!

HCB:What was your most interesting in-class experience?

JS: Forensic accounting.  We did an “FBI agent for a day” training which included a gun and shooting simulation.  It was really cool!

HCB: Were you involved in anything on campus?

JS: I was captain of the Bentley cheerleading team.  I was also an RA in Falcone for two years and part of RHA.

HCB: Any tips for current students about getting involved on campus?

JS: There are so many different groups and ways to get involved.  Whatever your interests are, you can find something you like and it’s a great way to meet people and have fun!

HCB: How are you enjoying adult life?

JS: Adult life is great!  I’ve been married to my husband, who also went to Bentley, for 5 years and we have a 1 year old son named Jackson whose middle name is Bentley!

HCB: Any advice for job/internship hunting?

JS: Take advantage of career services and the resources available to you.  That is how I landed my internship and subsequent full time job at PwC!

Hi! I'm Nicole, the social media chair for Her Campus Bentley! I'm a senior and love writing gif articles :)
Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.