This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

As women, we constantly wonder about what goes on in the male mind. We get extremely paranoid trying to figure out when’s the right time to text a boy without him thinking we’re super clingy or trying to get a guy to notice us without him thinking we’re weird, trashy, or just plain boring. To get to the bottom of things, we had a group of guys anonymously answer questions so girls can find out what they really think!

Q. What is one non-physical quality that attracts you to a girl?

A. One Angry Ginger: Being down to earth, because I am very sarcastic and I need a girl who can dish it back to me.

Leon Sandcastle: Being funny, because if I can’t laugh with a girl then there’s no point in being around her.

Twinkletoes: A bubbly personality, because I enjoy girls who are open to new things and are confident.

Randy: Someone who thinks rationally, because I have met some crazy girls.

Q. If a girl is interested in a guy, how should she make her first move?

A.  Robo: Spark up a conversation, and if it goes well, figure out whether it will be just an interest or something more.

Randy: Be as upfront as possible, because a lot of girls have the tendency to be super subtle, and I find it hard to catch on the majority of the time.

Brick Tamlin: I think the girl should talk to him about something they have a mutual interest in. Most of the time, guys might be interested in a girl but are unsure of how to approach her.

John Stamos: Invite him somewhere where you have an opportunity to talk and make your interest more apparent, even if it’s just to study or hang out in a group.

Q. What is an instant turn off and why?

A. Leon Sandcastle: When a girl acts overly ditsy and plays the role of the stupid girl.

Robo: Sheer clothing and crop tops, because clothes are meant to cover you. I personally prefer girls who dress modestly.

Brick Tamlin: If a girl picks fights for no reason or escalates a fight over something very small.

John Stamos: Clinginess, because I really like my personal space and having time by myself.

Q. A guy and girl are in the “talking” stage of their relationship and they mutually agree that they like each other, but the guy makes little or no effort to text the girl first or respond to her messages. Should the girl text first or should she take a step back?

A. Leon Sandcastle: The girl should text first because he’s probably being a wimp about it. You need to be proactive and take the initiative! You should go for it, girl!

Robo: Next time she sees him in person she should bring it up because there are guys who don’t enjoy texting when they are with other people. While it might be a bad thing, it could also be a good thing if she tries to pursue a relationship with him.

Brick Tamlin: The girl should text first because the guy will know that she is still interested in him.

Twinkletoes: The girl should give it another shot, and if he is still not making an effort, then she should take a step back. There is only so much of your time you can give to someone who won’t reciprocate it.

If you have any questions and want an answer from a guy’s perspective, e-mail us at either huntres_kase@bentley.edu or ekwem_onyi@bentley.edu  and you might see your question in our next article!

20 years old. Junior at Bentley University. Accounting Major, Sociology Minor. I like to shop, eat, travel, and read. :)
Bentley University