How to Host the Perfect Friendsgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

College becomes everyone’s home away from home eventually. Our friends become like our family as the years go on, so it’s quite popular to celebrate the holidays with them. With Thanksgiving coming up, many friends will gather to host their very own Friendsgiving. Follow these easy steps to host the best Friendsgiving ever!

Step 1: Buy a big butterball turkey

Try to buy a turkey that has about half a pound of meat per person. If you are feeding a lot of boys, get a pound per person, because, well, we all know that boys can eat. Begin cooking the turkey hours in advance so that it will be ready when your guests show up that afternoon.

Step 2: Create a Facebook event

This keeps everyone on the same page and makes communication between all guests easy. Remember to post on the page to remind everyone to pitch in and bring an item of food! It is always fun eating and sharing friends’ cooking.

Step 3: Decorate

If the party is in your room, make sure that you buy a few decorations to make everyone feel at home. Try to buy a sign or make your own! Additionally, make everyone a name card so they know where to sit!

Step 4: Drinks

For those of us who are 21, drinks are very important. Make sure that you have properly allocated for someone to gather the beer for the boys and wine for the girls. Consider making a festive drink, such as apple cider with champagne, to keep up with the theme.

Step 5: Have fun!

When your guests arrive, have an area for them to put their food and hand them a drink and name tag! This helps everyone relax and know who the other guests are. Put some football on the TV for a true American-style Thanksgiving tradition.

Photo Sources:

Hey all my name is Claudia Holub. I am currently a senior at Bentley university. I enjoy hanging out with my friends, listening to country music and going on runs!
Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.