How to Achieve the Perfect Eyebrows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

I love eyebrows! They are probably one of my favorite features to emphasize since they are the frame of your face. I refuse to get mine waxed for fear that they will somehow get messed up. I trust one person and one person only in doing my eyebrows and that is myself. I have played around for years perfecting my routine and in this article, I’ll share all my secrets with you girls and teach you how to get your own perfect eyebrows.

1.       Tweezing

The biggest advice I can give in tweezing eyebrows is to not over-pluck!!! Your eyebrows define your face and when plucking, the best thing to do is to pluck along the natural shape of your eyebrows and just get rid of the stray hairs. Also, try not to pluck the top of your eyebrow, only the bottom because that can dramatically change the shape of your brows as well. A good pair of tweezers is essential, and I recommend the Tweezerman brand. They are a little pricey but definitely worth the money. When tweezing your eyebrows, remember that eyebrows are sisters not twins, meaning they are never going to be perfectly symmetrical, but still try to get them as similar as possible. Your eyebrows should start right at the corner of your eyes, should arch at the center of your pupil, and end at the end of your eye.

2.       Fill

When filling your eyebrows, start by choosing the product type that works best for you. Some people prefer a brow powder, but I tend to use a brow pencil. My favorite is the Anastasia BrowWiz Pencil, but since we are all on a college girl budget, I recommend the Jordana Fabubrow Eyebrow Pencil (only $2.99!) If you prefer a brow powder, I recommend the NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder, because it comes with two shades so you can choose the best shade for your hair color, or even mix the two together. Speaking of hair color, when trying to choose the perfect color use the “2 shade rule”. If you have dark hair, make your brows 2 shades lighter than your hair color, and if your hair is lighter, make your brows 2 shades darker. Start by lining the top and bottom of your eyebrows then continue to fill in the ends of your eyebrows, since that is the part usually most defined.  Fill that in the most, then make your way to the arch still filling in so its defined on your face, and when you get to the beginning part, only fill in lightly, since naturally that is the part of your eyebrow that is the most sparse. After, brush your eyebrows with a spollie to get rid of any harsh lines.

3.       Set

Set your eyebrows with a clear or tinted brow gel so your eyebrows stay in place all day. The best tinted brow gel is the Benefit Gimme Brow Gel. If you would rather a clear brow gel, a good option is the Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in clear. Don’t have a brow gel on hand or don’t have the money to spend on another product? No worries. Just grab a toothbrush and spray the bristles with some hairspray and crush it over your eyebrows. Works just as good as a brow gel at a way lower cost!

Now that you have all my tips, you too can polish up your eyebrows without the need of waxing, letting them define your face and bring out your beauty!

Photo Creds:

1/ 2/ 3

Bentley University