Her Campus Finals Survival Kits Hook It Up (Again)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

When Her Campus gives, they give big.

Just before leaving for Thanksgiving, Her Campus sent our chapter a giant box jam-packed with goods. Knowing we had to motivate the ladies of our chapter one more time before those dreaded GB finals hit, (sorry freshman, they don’t get any easier!) we decided to give said goods out while giving back. Because…..’tis the season.

After giving out the Michael Kors flash tats and Chipotle gift cards in the first meeting back after Thanksgiving to our writers, we decided to stick with the Christmas/Holiday card making for charity theme we’ve had running for three years straight and this time incorporate the Finals Survival Kits. This year, we chose to use some of the presents to sent to us to support one of campus’ newest charities: Bentley’s Love Your Melon Campus Crew. In order support Love Your Melon’s card making event this Monday, we held a Christmas party this past Tuesday night where we all made cards to give to the LYM crew when they go to visit the Ronald McDonald House of Greater Boston this month. While making cards for kids, parents, family friends and staff, we raffled off 10 Admitsee drawstring bags to a group of randomly selected HCB members that came to send the kids good wishes, celebrate the season, and, of course, indulge in a plate of cookies.

Everyone who attended and won a bag loved what was inside, which included everything from Treseme hair products to some always-helpful-for-finals headphones and Cold-Eeze tablets for when we inevitably get sick because we chose to endure New England winters for some odd reason. 

Finally, we gave an extra packed bag to sophomore Starr Coughlin for earning the highest traffic in November for her Campus Cutie article! While stuffed to the brim with what all of the other winners received, Starr also received a Vera Bradley throw blanket, ID case, and a Sorel water bottle. 

Finally, we want to give a huge “Thank You!” to Her Campus Nationals, Bentley SP&E, and of course all of the members of our staff!

HCXO

Bentley senior majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications with a minor in Entrepreneurial Studies. Chapter President for HCB. Third Door Media intern. Karate aficionado. Shonda Rhimes super fan.