This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

The leaves are changing, the air is getting brisk, pumpkin is making a comeback (again), and that means that fall is upon us! Fall is by far my favorite season. I love the weather and the fashion that comes along with it. Gone are the days of shaving your legs; bring on the leggings, oversized sweaters, and flannels! The weather here in Waltham still hasn’t completely changed. You wake up in the morning and it’s 40 degrees, but by mid-day it’s into the mid-70s… so that means layers! Lately, my go-to items have been cardigans, leather jackets, and FLANNELS. 

Here’s what I’ve been loving:

1. Casual Flannels

Flannels are such versatile articles of clothing. You can easily throw one on with leggings when you’re running late or dress them up with heels, jeans, and jewelry for a classier look. Don’t forget to tie one around your waist before a night of partying— the party itself might be hot, but we guarantee the walk home won’t be.

2. Suede Skirts

These are so big this year, and for good reason! They’re so cute. I love them in deep reds (shown below), navy, or caramel colors. Pairing them with leather jackets or sweaters makes for the perfect look.

3. Cardigans

These are perfect for one of those days when it’s freezing in the morning and warm in the afternoon! Layer a cardigan over your favorites tees. Or, as in my case, dress up a bit and layer a cardigan over a blouse paired with another fall favorite: leather!

4. Leggings and Lounge

For those days when you just roll out of bed and barely make it up the stairs to class, loungewear is the go to. As college girls, we all love a good VS Pink outfit, and I’m here to tell you that it never goes out of style. 

5. Sweater Weather

Sweaters aren’t just for the winter. Throwing them on with jeans or leggings for an easy fall outfit allows you to skip the jacket and get out the door to class. If you’re feeling a little fancier, wear an oversized sweater or sweater dress over a pair of tights paired with ankle boots for a cute, collegiate look.

Okay future fashionistas, go forth and conquer the runway… or at least the Smith Stairs.

Photo Sources:

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.