Everything You Do Forget To Thank Bentley For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Time to give a big S/O to the school that will hand us a diploma in a couple years (sorry Seniors, you only have a few months left). Thank you Bentley for all that you provide, thanks to the professors that work hard to teach us, the administration that keeps campus running smoothly, the dining staff that feeds us, the facilities staff that cleans up after us, the RA staff that watches over us diligently, the workers in the mail stop, the man who delivers Lazy Bones to our doors, the guy at Dunks who sometimes leaves free samples out, the nurse practitioners, the campus police, and our friends who complete the college experience.  

Here are a few of the things that makes Bentley better than the rest; we wouldn’t want to go anywhere else, so thank you!

1.      Having a 98% job placement rate. I mean that’s one of the reasons why we came here in the first place, right?

2.      Air conditioning. Another reason why Bentley is #1: We’re at one of few schools that keeps their students cool during the hotter months.

3.      The Loop. An actual godsend when our legs can’t take another walk up to Smith.

4.      Networking events. Every week we’re given opportunities to attend events, listen to industry leaders speak, and network our hearts out!

5.      Pretty decent housing. Compared to other universities, Bentley has pretty good housing options whether you’re a freshman or a senior with large rooms, clean common rooms and kitchenettes/kitchens. Sure Trees may smell, but at least your room isn’t the size of a shoebox.

6.      Custodial staff. Sometimes we don’t even realize that we have people picking up after our rowdy weekends.

7.      Group projects. You may think this is a negative, but just think about all the situational questions you can now answer at your next interview because of all the different groups you’ve been in.

8.      Einstein’s/Curritos/Russos. Thanks for providing us with other food options when the 921 just couldn’t cut it.

9.      Greenspaces. Not just for the beginning of the year party, but the upper and lower greenspaces are peaceful places to lie out, read a book, people watch, or toss a football around on.

10.   The size/layout of our campus. Sure we’ll break a sweat walking from one end to the other, but we’re lucky to have our organized three-tiered campus, academics on top, the necessities in the middle (health center, dunks, mail stop), and athletics down below. Seems like a pretty sweet setup to us.

11.   Seeing familiar faces. Bentley students love the fact that they can walk down from Jennison and meet a dozen friendly faces until they reach their destination at the 921.

12.   The location. Close enough to Boston to come and go as we please, but enough in the suburbs to have a secluded campus life. 

13.   Friends for life. Thank you Bentley for being the school where we met our best friends, the ones who will stick with us through thick and thin, until the very end. 

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.