This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Registering for classes is one of the most stressful times of the year. Everyone is worried about what courses they need to take and which professors are the best. Particularly if your registration time is less-than-ideal, it becomes overwhelming when seats in classes begin to fill up. Here are six tips to survive course registration and get the classes you want!

1.)   Go to Academic Services

At Academic Services, you can have a meeting with an advisor and discuss the current courses you need to take in order to complete your degree on time. This will be very helpful to make sure that all of the classes you need are available for the upcoming semesters.

2.)   Use DegreeWorks

Another useful tool available to students is DegreeWorks. If you are still questioning your major, the “what-if” function is very useful. It will list out all the classes that students need per each major and minor. It will also show you the classes you have already completed, and what they qualify for in your degree.

3.)   Choose which classes you want to take

Once you are able to see all your options and the classes you need for your major and minor, then you can create a list of what you would like to take for the upcoming semester. Schedule Planner, located on My Bentley, will give you all the options for your chosen classes.

4.)   Make a backup schedule

Fortunately, you’re able to favorite the schedules you like on Schedule Planner. Use this tool, especially if you have a later registration time! It is likely that a class you want will fill up, so having a backup is essential.

5.)   Sign up for course waitlists

If you did not get into a course you want, you are able to add your name to the waitlist. When a person drops the class, you are able to take their spot automatically.

6.)   Utilize the add/drop period

Another option for getting different courses is the add/drop period. Many people utilize the add/drop period as a way to change the timing of classes they are enrolled in, or find a different course to take. There will be many openings, so keep checking for the course you need.

Images: 1

College freshman living in and exploring the vibrant city of Boston! Born and raised in the dirty jerz. 
Native New Yorker Brooke Camarda has had her eclectic share of jobs—from the runways of NYFW to the haunted hallways of NYZ Apocalypse. Commonly known by her alter ego of Wonder Woman, there's no task or adventure that the skydiving-enthusiast isn't willing to take on. She loves typography and cappuccinos almost as much as she loves her (very) big family, and is thrilled to be writing for Bentley University's chapter of Her Campus.