Cold Weather Interview Outfits … That are Appropriate!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Does anyone else have the issue of not knowing where to find cute, appropriate, but warm interview clothes?! When it is warm outside, the interview outfit is an easy choice because you don’t have to worry about layers and you can throw on a pencil skirt. In the winter though, girls have limited options. We want to look professional and put together, but it’s just so cold out. Finding the best outfit is a challenge! Her Campus Bentley found ways to find the professional look while still staying warm in this cold weather.

First off, every girl should own a blazer. For interviews, it’s a great idea to wear a blazer with a button down. Not only would you look professional, but layering is ideal with these weather conditions. A simple black blazer like the one the model from JCREW is wearing below is a perfect example of what to wear on top.

Now for the bottom…this tends to be the harder part when it comes to picking out outfits for girls. Personally, I love the pencil skirt look more than a pantsuit, but that’s just me! With this cold weather, it is not everyone’s preference to wear a pencil skirt. If you do want to, don’t be afraid to put nylons on underneath for a layer on your legs.

This pencil skirt (worn with nylons) paired with a button down or blazer is a great look for a career fair or an interview. When buying a skirt, you want to make sure it is on the longer side. In the office, it is believed that the closer to your knees the better! Making sure you get the correct length is important when you are buying a skirt. You don’t want to get it too short because that it is not appropriate for the office.

If you aren’t in the mood to wear a skirt, pants are always a great alternative. Ann Taylor offers some great pants that are appropriate for an interview, but stylish at the same time. Finding a cute pair of black work pants is great because you can mix and match them with any color button down and a black blazer. This is definitely the “warmer” option. 

Despite this frigid weather, keep looking your best, collegiettes! 

Bentley University