Christmas Events Around the Country

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Holiday Cheer from Boston to D.C.

The holidays have finally arrived, bringing plenty of hot cocoa, chilly weather, and of course, Christmas cheer. There’s countless ways to celebrate across the country, with fun festivals, parades, and twinkling trees. Maybe one of these holiday events take place close to you!

1. Christkindlmarkt- Bethlehem, PA

The Christkindlmarkt Festival in Bethlehem, PA has been recognized as one of the top holiday markets in the world. The market will take place this year from November 15th to December 23rd, and promises plenty of beautiful handmade crafts, holiday music, and of course food. Bethlehem is the “Christmas City,” after all! 

[pagebreak]

2. Faneuil Hall Marketplace – Boston, MA

Another Christmas celebration takes place closer to the Her Campus Bentley collegiettes, right in the heart of Boston. This year is especially exciting, with the launch of the “Blink! Light and Sound Extravaganza.” In addition to the lighting of the Christmas tree on November 17th, the Blink! show will begin, and will run through the new year.

3. New York City

New York City is famous for its twinkling lights and extravagant decorations during the holiday season. From ice skating at Rockefeller Center, to visiting the massive Christmas tree, to seeing a performance by the high-kicking Radio City Rockettes, there’s countless ways to celebrate. The tree will be lit on November 28th this year.

[pagebreak]

4. National Christmas Tree Lighting- Washington DC

The National Christmas Tree Lighting is a star-studded event this year, with James Taylor, Colbie Caillat, and of course the President and First Lady set to make appearances. The 90th annual tree- lighting will take place on December 6th.

[pagebreak]

5. Magnificent Mile Lights Festival- Chicago, IL

The holiday festivities on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile begin on November 17th. There will be plenty of family activities, music, and of course, shopping. There’s even a tree-lighting parade and fireworks to round out this magnificent Christmas celebration. 

Bentley University class of 2016
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.