Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bentley Celebrities

Mike Goldberg- IDCC Professor

By Emmy Manoonpol
April 24, 2014 - 12:00am

This week’s Campus Celebrity, Mike Goldberg, is hands down my favorite Professor here at Bentley. He teaches five Information Design and Corporate Communication courses and I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to take three of his fun classes. If you have yet to take an IDCC course - I highly recommend taking one with Goldberg before you graduate! READ MORE

Janet Ehl Director, Recruiting and Employer Relations

By Julia Paradis
April 17, 2014 - 2:44pm

My job at Career Services is one of my favorite things I am involved in at Bentley. Though the work itself is really rewarding, the best part is the amazing people I work with! The staff at Undergraduate Career Services and Recruiting is dedicated to giving students on-campus career events, networking sessions, and on-site visits to help students prepare for their careers after college. Janet Ehl is an integral member of this amazing staff. Janet is the Director of Recruiting and Employee Relations, and had some great insight to share with us!   READ MORE

Campus Celebrities: Women’s Basketball Team

By Emily Hodgkins
April 11, 2014 - 3:03pm

The girls on the Bentley basketball team are arguably the most popular people on campus at the moment, and deservedly so – their hard work and dedication led them to a victory over West Texas A&M and a Division II national title just a short while ago. We sat down with senior Tyler Parker-Kimball and asked her about her journey this past year. HC: What was the greatest moment on your journey? READ MORE

Courtney Stephens, Assistant Director of the Residential Center

By Olivia LeClair
April 4, 2014 - 11:00am

Courtney Stephens is arguably one of the most well known and best loved staff members on Bentley's campus. Her infectious personality and smile never fail to light up whatever room she walks into. You've probably seen her speak at a number of campus events, or maybe you lived in her building zone when she was a Residence Director. This semester, she's serving as Her Campus Bentley's interim advisor, and we couldn't be more excited for this chance to work with her! We got a chance to ask Courtney some questions about her career path and her advice for students.   READ MORE

Dr. Jack Dempsey, Adjunct Assistant Professor of English & Media Studies

By Molly Brennan
March 27, 2014 - 2:57pm

This week’s Campus Celebrity, Dr. Jack Dempsey, is personal favorite of mine. Dr. Dempsey has been an icon here at Bentley for over 12 years. His most recent project is heading the campaign for fair treatment of Bentley University Adjunct Faculty. If you have yet to take his class, be sure to register for COM 210!   HerCampus (HC): Where did you go to college? READ MORE

Doreen Floyd, Associate Dean of Student Affairs

By Emily Mertz
March 18, 2014 - 12:00am

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Doreen Floyd. She is Bentley University’s Associate Dean of Student Affairs. You might also see her sharing her vast knowledge and skills in the classroom instructing GB 215. Check out below to learn more about her huge role here at Bentley University!   Her Campus Bentley: What is your position at Bentley, and how long have you been working here? READ MORE

Erl Sorensen

By Greeshma Rajeev
March 4, 2014 - 12:00am

Professor Erl Sorensen, originally of Danish origin, is a Senior Lecturer at the Mathematical Sciences department. He has been called "the grandfather figure" by at least one student per semester and loves to gamble, the statistical genius that he is. He loves teaching and believes each class to be his best teaching moment. Also, if you're extra extra smart, you might just score a free 4.0 in his class. Now, doesn't he sound like a dream?   Her Campus Bentley: Why did you shorten your name? READ MORE

Simon Moore, Associate Professor, IDCC

By Emily Fiorito
February 26, 2014 - 12:03pm

READ MORE

Bentley Maintenance and Sodexo Employees

By Jillian Bouchard
February 13, 2014 - 11:45am

Her Campus Bentley would like to give a huge THANK YOU to this week’s campus celebrity, all of the Bentley employees who helped dig out the school and who kept us fed in seasons during the Nemo blizzard!  These amazing employees worked around the clock (especially during the crucial part of the storm from Friday to Saturday) to ensure the safety of all students and other employees at Bentley. READ MORE

Stephanie Clayman, Professor, Management

By Angelina Cortazzo
February 6, 2014 - 3:22pm

This week’s Campus Celebrity, Stephanie Clayman, is not your average Bentley professor. She has used her acting skills and experience to create a management class at Bentley that allows students to perform the skills needed to understand people and the dynamics of human relationships. Stephanie is a hidden gem at Bentley, and I had the opportunity to ask her some questions about her experiences and career thus far as an actor and professor!   HCB: What have your acting experiences been like?  READ MORE