Candlelight Vigil for the Newtown Victims

Posted -
Event Date & Time: 
Dec 18 2012 - 2:15am to 3:00am
Location: 
Back Bay A,B,C (basement of Student Center)

On Friday, December 14th, our nation was startled with the events taking place in Newtown, Connecticut. With so many precious lives lost, the shootings have sparked an outpouring of support from across the country and around the world. Many Bentley students, whether from the New England or not, have showed their desire to help honor the victims of this devastating day.

Evan Honeyman, a senior here at Bentley University, has organized a candlelight vigil for students to attend on Monday, December 17th. This will take place at 9:15 p.m. in the 3 Back Bay rooms in the basement of the Student Center. When asked why he wanted to put together this event, Honeyman said, “we sat there watching the news unfold and didn’t really know what we could do, and if there was anything we could do at all…we can all show genuine support no matter where we are from.” Led by Honeyman, the event already has 24 supporting organizations and 500 confirmed guests on Facebook. It is the perfect way to honor victims, support the families and let members of our community express their feelings.

At the event, expect to hear guest speakers including students, faculty, and a song to be sung by our Her Campus Bentley president, Kathryn Burgner. Glow sticks will be provided by administration. So, take a break from finals and support a truly amazing event for a touching cause. For more information, check out the event page here.

Get more HC!

Get the best of Her Campus, right in your inbox! Learn more.

About The Author

Emily is currently serving as the Executive Vice President of Editorial for the Bentley University branch of Her Campus. A junior at Bentley, she is studying marketing with a liberal studies double major in media arts & society as well as a minor in information design and corporate communication. Emily aspires to work in public relations, social media or event planning. In her spare time, she enjoys DIY crafts, baton twirling and cooking.

Editor's Note

From Around The Web

We Recommend

User login