Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bentley Blog

Trick or Treat?

By Lexie Foerschner
October 19, 2014 - 8:00pm

Halloween is the highlight of October. For many of us, this translates into running, lunging, and squatting our way to a costume-ready body. This hard work can be easily ruined by overindulging in the delicious treats that are arguably the best part of the holiday. Not all candy is created equal, giving a whole new meaning to the phrase “Trick or Treat.” This Halloween, indulge your sweet tooth with these guilt-free candies! Dark Chocolate 50 calories, 4 grams of fat, 4 grams of sugar per square READ MORE

DIY Friday: Make Your Own Headboard

By Claudia Holub
October 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

Welcome back to DIY Friday! Today’s project requires a little more work than usual, but I have confidence you can do it just like me! It’s a DIY headboard for your bed. This is a great craft to spice up your dorm room. What you will need: Cardboard Foam mattress topper Fabric Tape Fabric stapler and staples   READ MORE

9 of the BEST YouTube Workout Channels

By Nicole Storz
October 9, 2014 - 12:00pm

Welcome back to my fitness and wellness blog! I’ve recently been obsessing over YouTube workout channels because they are free and easy to do anywhere, even your dorm room. Here’s a list of 9 of the best channels that I have found: 1.    BeFiT: Top fitness trainers offer the best workouts for everyone. A new workout is available every single weekday in addition to a 90 day workout system and a 30 day system.   READ MORE

5 Ways to Politely Kick People Out of Your Dorm Room

By Kendra Wozniak
October 9, 2014 - 11:00am

READ MORE

Bentley University or Hollywood Red Carpet?

By Starr Coughlin
October 8, 2014 - 9:45pm

Chances are that while you have been running to class or to Seasons for a bite to eat, you have passed some of these Bentley students and thought to yourself “am I in Waltham, MA or Hollywood, CA?” The similarities between these A-list celebs and your classmates are pretty uncanny, and we have featured 6 look-alikes who quite possibly could have been separated at birth!  Sarah and Julianne Moore READ MORE

5 Style Instagrams You NEED in Your Life

By Cate Cullen
October 6, 2014 - 1:00pm

Society Girl (@societygrl) Do not follow Society Girl if you would like to continue to be proud of your accomplishments to date. She has a partnership with Nordstrom and the Seattle Seahawks Apparel Shop, and attends Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week for her fashion blog, as well as college classes. All at twenty years old. Twenty. While I can barely manage to throw on leggings and a sweater before class in the morning, she cultivates an effortless look of haute hippie mixed with classic chic. She combines staple articles from Zara and Nordstrom with high fashion designer items, creating a daily fashion inspiration fit for hipsters and Audrey wannabe’s alike....

10 Things A Bentley Student Could Buy Instead of a Meal Plan

By Katie Jordan
October 4, 2014 - 12:00pm

The hefty $5,380.00 price tag of a 17-swipe meal plan at Bentley makes even the most dedicated of Seasons eaters cringe a little every year at bill-pay-time. So, what could you buy instead? Here’s 10 things a Bentley student could buy instead of a meal plan! 1. 1,942 Medium Iced Coffees from Dunks   2. 4 one-week vacations to Cancun, Mexico (Hotel and flights) READ MORE

DIY Friday: Organize Your Week

By Claudia Holub
October 3, 2014 - 3:00pm

All Collegiettes know it’s hard to stay organized during the semester, so here’s a quick DIY project to make your life more organized: a To-Do week board. What you will need: 7 or 8 picture frames (collage format) Scrapbook paper Alphabet Stickers Dry Erase Markers    READ MORE

What Should You Be Watching This Fall?

By Starr Coughlin
September 30, 2014 - 4:00pm

1.    Scandal There is a reason this show is number one on the list. Scandal is everything you hope a TV show would be…and more. Not only is the acting top notch (Kerry Washington takes fabulous to another level) but the story lines will (I guarantee you) blow your mind.   2.    Grey’s Anatomy READ MORE

10 Tips for a Snoring Roomie

By Molly Gross
September 29, 2014 - 1:00pm

You’re just about to fall asleep, your blanket is the perfect combination of warm and cozy, the A/C is on point – but then you hear a lawnmower. Except it’s not a lawnmower, it’s your roommate. Props to her for falling asleep at such a reasonable hour, but unless she dials back on the sound effects, you’re not going to be able to function during tomorrow’s 8:30. Take a look at the list below for some things you can do to make some nights a little more bearable. 1. Yell something quick and loud The key is to interrupt her sleeping pattern just enough so the snoring subsides. Do it correctly, and you’ll get enough time to fall back asleep. Shout her name or just a random word, and don’t be afraid to get really loud.  ...