Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bentley Blog

Halloween: Expectations vs. Reality

By Kasey Huntress
October 29, 2014 - 10:40pm

I think we can all admit that sometimes our expectations of events are greater than reality, and Halloween is certainly no exception.   Expectation: You can’t wait for all the fun costume parties you’ll get invited to. Reality: It’s 24 hours before Halloween and you actually have no plans at all. Expectation: You’ll go out the night before Halloween, on Halloween, the night after…. READ MORE

10 Pick Up Lines You Only Hear at Bentley

By Nicole Storz, Claudia Holub
October 27, 2014 - 3:45pm

Being a girl here at Bentley, you know we are outnumbered, by a lot. The drastic Bentley ratio makes girls rare to find, leading to boys to say the craziest things to get our attention. Here are 10 pick-up lines you’d only here are Bentley:   1.     Give me your discretionary so I know it’s real 2.     Girl you are more popular than chicken nuggets on a Thursday night. 3.     Baby, I’ll walk up from lower just for you. 4.     I’d steal food from Seasons for you any day. 5.     Bentley is paratus, and so am I. READ MORE

DIY Friday: Pretty Little Pumpkin

By Claudia Holub
October 24, 2014 - 9:15pm

Well ladies, it is finally October and that means fall activities! One of the major activities that comes along with this month is pumpkin carving and decorating. Every girl in New England loves to go pumpkin picking with her friends or S.O. and, after said picking and taking tons of adorable insta pics, one must decide how to decorate the pumpkin! Being that we are on a college campus, jack-o-laterns are not an option because of the fire hazard of candles, therefore, we have found super adorable and chic ways to decorate without breaking any rules! What you will need: Pumpkins Paint Paintbrushes Ribbon Paper Tape READ MORE

Trick or Treat?

By Lexie Foerschner
October 19, 2014 - 8:00pm

Halloween is the highlight of October. For many of us, this translates into running, lunging, and squatting our way to a costume-ready body. This hard work can be easily ruined by overindulging in the delicious treats that are arguably the best part of the holiday. Not all candy is created equal, giving a whole new meaning to the phrase “Trick or Treat.” This Halloween, indulge your sweet tooth with these guilt-free candies! Dark Chocolate 50 calories, 4 grams of fat, 4 grams of sugar per square READ MORE

DIY Friday: Make Your Own Headboard

By Claudia Holub
October 10, 2014 - 12:00pm

Welcome back to DIY Friday! Today’s project requires a little more work than usual, but I have confidence you can do it just like me! It’s a DIY headboard for your bed. This is a great craft to spice up your dorm room. What you will need: Cardboard Foam mattress topper Fabric Tape Fabric stapler and staples   READ MORE

9 of the BEST YouTube Workout Channels

By Nicole Storz
October 9, 2014 - 12:00pm

Welcome back to my fitness and wellness blog! I’ve recently been obsessing over YouTube workout channels because they are free and easy to do anywhere, even your dorm room. Here’s a list of 9 of the best channels that I have found: 1.    BeFiT: Top fitness trainers offer the best workouts for everyone. A new workout is available every single weekday in addition to a 90 day workout system and a 30 day system.   READ MORE

5 Ways to Politely Kick People Out of Your Dorm Room

By Kendra Wozniak
October 9, 2014 - 11:00am

READ MORE

Bentley University or Hollywood Red Carpet?

By Starr Coughlin
October 8, 2014 - 9:45pm

Chances are that while you have been running to class or to Seasons for a bite to eat, you have passed some of these Bentley students and thought to yourself “am I in Waltham, MA or Hollywood, CA?” The similarities between these A-list celebs and your classmates are pretty uncanny, and we have featured 6 look-alikes who quite possibly could have been separated at birth!  Sarah and Julianne Moore READ MORE

5 Style Instagrams You NEED in Your Life

By Cate Cullen
October 6, 2014 - 1:00pm

Society Girl (@societygrl) Do not follow Society Girl if you would like to continue to be proud of your accomplishments to date. She has a partnership with Nordstrom and the Seattle Seahawks Apparel Shop, and attends Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week for her fashion blog, as well as college classes. All at twenty years old. Twenty. While I can barely manage to throw on leggings and a sweater before class in the morning, she cultivates an effortless look of haute hippie mixed with classic chic. She combines staple articles from Zara and Nordstrom with high fashion designer items, creating a daily fashion inspiration fit for hipsters and Audrey wannabe’s alike....

10 Things A Bentley Student Could Buy Instead of a Meal Plan

By Katie Jordan
October 4, 2014 - 12:00pm

The hefty $5,380.00 price tag of a 17-swipe meal plan at Bentley makes even the most dedicated of Seasons eaters cringe a little every year at bill-pay-time. So, what could you buy instead? Here’s 10 things a Bentley student could buy instead of a meal plan! 1. 1,942 Medium Iced Coffees from Dunks   2. 4 one-week vacations to Cancun, Mexico (Hotel and flights) READ MORE