Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Bentley Blog

10 Tips for a Snoring Roomie

By Molly Gross
September 29, 2014 - 1:00pm

You’re just about to fall asleep, your blanket is the perfect combination of warm and cozy, the A/C is on point – but then you hear a lawnmower. Except it’s not a lawnmower, it’s your roommate. Props to her for falling asleep at such a reasonable hour, but unless she dials back on the sound effects, you’re not going to be able to function during tomorrow’s 8:30. Take a look at the list below for some things you can do to make some nights a little more bearable. 1. Yell something quick and loud The key is to interrupt her sleeping pattern just enough so the snoring subsides. Do it correctly, and you’ll get enough time to fall back asleep. Shout her name or just a random word, and don’t be afraid to get really loud.  ...

Fat Closet, Skinny Budget: A Collegiette’s Guide to Style

By Kristen Burtt
September 28, 2014 - 12:00pm

If you find yourself to be someone who has champagne taste on a beer budget, you’ve come to the right place! In this column, I’ll try to find you ladies the top consignment stores throughout the streets of Waltham, Cambridge, Boston, and more to get your designer brand clothes for discounted prices! First Stop: Second Time Around in Harvard Square where “Resale Goes Upscale” READ MORE

DIY Friday: Painted Wine Glasses

By Claudia Holub
September 26, 2014 - 11:50pm

Welcome Back to DIY Friday! Today’s craft is hand painted wine glasses. Personalized wine glasses are the perfect addition to a roomie wine and cheese night! What you need: Wine glass (stemmed or stems-less) Many Emerald glass paints (apple barrel’s) Paint Brushes Convention Oven   *Note: before you start painting, wash the glasses to remove lingering dust. Don’t know what to paint? Search Pinterest for some inspiration. Think outside of the box! Include design ideas like chalk paint at the bottom of the stem (perfect for marking whose glass is whose), using tape to create super cute designs, and tons of glitter. READ MORE

6 Tips for Healthier Eating

By Nicole Storz
September 23, 2014 - 6:00pm

Hey ladies! It’s that time of year again when the leaves start falling and the pumpkin flavors are in the air. Even though those bikinis have been put away until Spring Break, that’s no excuse to let that body you’ve worked on go to waste. This new blog will help you stay active and healthy while looking and feeling your best all year round. This week I will give you six tips for healthier eating habits. Tip #1: Eating is Not a Race READ MORE

DIY Friday: Photo Letters

By Claudia Holub
September 19, 2014 - 10:00am

Hi there! Welcome to DIY Friday! This is a new blog started to give you DIY projects to spice up your life! This week I will be showing you how to make craft letters with photos. These letters are a cute way to express your favorite memories without having to print photos or buy frames. First, you will need to purchase however many letters you want to make. You can purchase wooden letters from any craft store around you; I picked mine up at Michaels! Next step, in a word document, paste a bunch of small photos, in black and white or color. READ MORE

What To Do When You Have Free Time in Boston

By Jillian Bouchard, Laura Ganci
September 12, 2014 - 6:00pm

Have you ever been in Boston and had some time to kill? Boston is a great city and I think some of us may forget that after having lived in the area for so long. It’s an awesome place with plenty of fun things to do! If you ever have some free time, here are some places to try out:   Newbury Street READ MORE

10 Essential Dorm Room Snacks

By Stephanie Hazelton
September 10, 2014 - 11:00pm

So you’re in your room, trying to get some work done and all of a sudden- BAM!- you’re hungry. It’s too late to grab something at Seasons and you do not want to call for pizza. What now? This list will help you to make decisions that are healthy, filling and delicious. READ MORE

What Do Bentley Guys Really Think?

By Sydney Bouchard
September 9, 2014 - 11:00pm

As all of us Bentley collegiettes know, the fellas at our school tend to be a little different than most of the college guys we see around. They know more about the stock market than any twenty year old should, they are insanely competitive, (you’re gonna argue a call in coed intramural dodge ball, really?) and most important, they are not used to seeing large groups of females (Bentley ratio 60% male 40% female). READ MORE

You Know You're a Bentley Student When...

By Sydney Bourchard
September 8, 2014 - 10:00pm

19 Reasons We Couldn't Live Without Our Best Friends at Bentley

By Sydney Bouchard
May 4, 2014 - 10:18pm

Best friends are great, best friends at Bentley are better! READ MORE