This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

We always want to stay on top of the latest fashion trends even if some of them are a little crazy. In talking to guy friends, cousins and my boyfriend, I have learned that many of our favorite trends are usually what they like the least.

1. Beanies

Most girls love their beanies. They are cute, comfy and keep your head warm in the cooler months. Guys, however, do not see them as fashionable. As my boyfriend has said, they’re a floppy mess on the top of your head, and they make your hair look flat.

2. Timberlands

Timberlands add an edge to any outfit. Pair them with jeans and a simple t-shirt, or a lace top and skirt, Timberlands transform a girly outfit to cutting-edge. In a boy’s mind, though, Timberlands belong on guys in a construction site, and aren’t meant to make a fashion statement. According to my guy friends, girls should stick with L.L. Bean bBean Boots, because they are preppier version of Timbs.

3. High Waisted Pants

High waisted pants are one of my favorite clothing items to wear because they define my waist and elongate my legs, which I desperately need since I am only 5’1. To boys, however, high waisted pants are “mom jeans” and make our butts look like we are in diapers. Boys prefer the leggings or yoga pants, but that’s just for the view.

4. Rompers

A comfy alternative to dresses, rompers are a fun twist on the normal dress or pants and shirt. They are flowy without having to worry about bending over and your bottoms flying up. Boys see the same problem with rompers as they do with high waisted pants- they can look like a diaper. They tend to ride up a bit and guys would much rather see us wearing a normal dress.

5. Bold Lips

Whether pink, red, coral, nude, or purple, bold lips are a fun trend to wear out with friends or to a party. If hanging with a guy or going out on a date, your boy may not appreciate all the lipstick. You may want to stick with lip balm and a light gloss if you’re looking for your goodnight kiss. That way, your guy doesn’t end up walking around with his own set of bold lips. 

Photo Sources: 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5/ 6/

Bentley University