This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Almost a year ago to this day Isabel Pesci and Lily Manoog opened up shop, an Etsy shop that is. Two Stitching Grandmas is now producing hoops, shirts and other custom stitch work items for local and international customers. Below is my interview with the pair about their artwork and business. You can visit them on Etsy and Instagram

When did this business start? How did all of this begin?

Isabel: It’s crazy, the business started almost a year ago, Oct. 30. 

Lily: It was the first semester of our freshman year and, well, we were broke.

Isabel: We were looking around on Pinterest and saw the hoops and basically decided we could do that…

Did you both already know how to stitch?

Lily: I mean I had done one or two just for fun before but nothing like this.

Isabel: It really wasn’t that hard to pick up. Oh wait, I mean it’s super hard, don’t try this at home folks. Visit us on Etsy!

Where did the idea for the name Two Stitching Grandmas come from? It’s pretty genius honestly.

Isabel: We always joked that we were just grandmas first semester because all we did was sit and watch movies and hang out at the house.

Lily: We do realize this sounds pretty lame but we embrace it. When we were deciding on a name for the Etsy business we kind of just realized that now that we stitch too  we really are grandmas. Thus the name was born. 

Where are these items available for purchase right now?

Isabel: As of right now we are selling on our Etsy shop and in person to those on campus. It’s so crazy because while sometimes we see students around campus wearing our shirts  we’ve also sold internationally in Spain, Australia and a couple other countries. 

Favorite item you’ve sold?

Lily: We have a Paramore inspired hoop and that one has to be one of my favorites. Anyone that knows me will tell you how important Paramore is to me.

Isabel: It’s funny because my favorite has got to be the Twenty One Pilots inspired hoop. We’re a little obsessed. 

Plans for the future?

Isabel: I think selling more items in person would be cool! Also, we are down to do custom items that aren’t up on our Etsy so we’re looking forward to continuing to create and doing new things.

Lily: We’re going to start looking into doing some pop-up shops, maybe selling at a local farmer’s market or something. Stay tuned…

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Megan is a second year student at Belmont University, located just outside of downtown Nashville. On any given day you can find her creating a Spotify playlist, jotting down some poetry or searching for a new vintage clothing store. If you go an entire conversation with her and don't hear something about her undying love for Elton John, you didn't talk to her long enough.