Summer Survival: Belmont Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

As the end of the school year rapidly approaches, we at Her Campus have been compiling a list of the top things you need to have a summer to remember.  Whether you’re gigging in Nashville, studying abroad, or relaxing at home with family, make sure you have these things handy.

Vera Bradley Beach Towel

These beautifully patterned towels are made with 100% combed cotton, meaning they aren’t just super soft…they’re super absorbent!  From the pool to the beach to the lake, this is a must have.

CamelBak Forge Divide Travel Mug

Hiking at Radnor?  Walking the streets of Prague?  Early morning shift?  The CamelBak Forge Divide Travel Mug will be your saving grace.  With a new top that is completely spill proof (trust us – we tested it!) you don’t have to worry about it ruining your new handbag if you throw it in as you run out the door.  

Monthly Gift

Okay, girls.  Let’s get real.  Getting your period is never fun, but getting it in the summer?  Even worse.  Monthly Gift is here to make things a little bit easier on you.  When you sign up, you sync your menstrual cycle with the app and you get a little black box of liners, pads, and tampons delivered to your door each month right before your cycle starts.  No more running to the store at 2am because you forgot your period was coming (!!!!).

Spots

If you’re travelling on a budget (and let’s be honest, who isn’t?) Spots offers housing with other college students for a fraction of what you’d pay for a hotel.  If you’re staying put for the summer, you can rent out a spot in your house to a travelling college student to make some easy extra cash.  Just download the app and get started!

Pure Silk

There aren’t many things worse in life than getting to the pool and realizing you forgot to shave (or, worse, having dry skin from shaving).  Pure Silk moisturizes your skin as you shave and leaves your legs feeling like…well…pure silk.  

Brappz

It’s time for you to get #hookedonbrappz.  Use them as bra straps, jewelry, shoelaces…the possibilites are endless!  

A freshman at Belmont University, Sarah Sholar is pursuing her dream to work in the entertainment industry with full force. Born and raised in small-town North Carolina, she is working to make her spot in a big city. Her loves include Taylor Swift, baking, watercolor painting, and attending every concert within a thirty mile radius.