etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Break Staycation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

February is quickly coming to a close, which means there’s one thing on everyone’s mind: spring break!  While getting in on a roadtrip to Florida may seem like the only way to enjoy your much needed vacay from school, staying in Nashville has some insane perks (Less money! Empty city! Beautiful weather!).  So, before you pack your swimsuit and dish out $100 a night, think about enjoying the unusually warm weather and hitting some sights close to home.

Radnor Lake

Just a quick 15-minute drive from campus, Radnor Lake is one of Nashville’s most gorgeous hidden treasures.  With 1,332 acres, it would take days to hike every trail, take in every view, and snap every perfctly-Instagramable view.

Percy Warner Parks

Another short drive from campus, the Percy Warner Parks span nearly 3,000 acres.  From hiking, to equestrian trails, to running the steps, to picnic areas, there’s a little something for everyone.

Centennial Park

Take an afternoon escape to Greece and visit the Parthenon in Centennial Park.  With only a $6 entry fee, it’s totally worth skipping your morning coffee to spend some time reading up on history and seeing a full-scale replica of Athena.  Pack a picnic lunch, grab it from your car after your tour and enjoy an afternoon in the park.

Shopping on 12 South and Hillsboro Village

Just because we’re broke college students doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy looking at nice clothes or buying an overpriced cup of coffee to sit and people watch.  

Natchez Trace Parkway

All that’s needed for this is a tank full of gas and your best Spotify playlist.  Hit the road and explore the countryside.  And take some pictures because, if you didn’t, did it really happen?

With a little creativity and a heart for adventure, you can make staying in Nashville your best spring break yet.  Be sure to tag us in your tweets and Instagrams of your Nashville stay-cation.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

A freshman at Belmont University, Sarah Sholar is pursuing her dream to work in the entertainment industry with full force. Born and raised in small-town North Carolina, she is working to make her spot in a big city. Her loves include Taylor Swift, baking, watercolor painting, and attending every concert within a thirty mile radius.