sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sean o KMn4VEeEPR8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Songs of the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

There’s a good chance you turn on your radio or look at the charts this summer and there will be one or two songs that are constantly on top. Everyone is looking for that song to remember their summer by and put them in the right mood for their break. These five songs are the ones I believe you’ll be hearing a lot of this summer. The one that will be considered your “Song of the Summer”…well, that’s up to you. 

“iSpy” by Kyle ft. Lil Yachty

“iSpy” is Kyle’s breakout single and is one that will get stuck in your head after the first listen. Soon enough everyone will be chanting the chorus of this hit.

“Something Just Like This” by The Chainsmokers and Coldplay

We already know “Closer” is never leaving our head, but prepare yourself for another Chainsmoker’s hit that is catchy beyond belief. 

“That’s What I Like” by Bruno Mars

Bruno Mars always brings songs that make you want to dance. “That’s What I Like” is no different. 

“Stay” by Zedd and Alessia Cara

This song will put you in just the right mood for a drive around town with friends with all the windows rolled down.

“Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran

From the first line of this song you feel the urge to dance. Whether by the pool or at a party, odds are this song is coming on.

Megan is a second year student at Belmont University, located just outside of downtown Nashville. On any given day you can find her creating a Spotify playlist, jotting down some poetry or searching for a new vintage clothing store. If you go an entire conversation with her and don't hear something about her undying love for Elton John, you didn't talk to her long enough.