This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Fall season is finally here! Lucky for you, fall is the perfect time to revamp your beauty look. The fall season is all about giving us the time and conditions to update our looks. Instead of wearing minimal makeup, as in the summer, because of the risk of sweating it off, fall leaves room to experiment with fun makeup looks that will last all day. Want to change up your beauty game for November but don’t know where to start? Stick to these four trends to make your makeup anything but boring.

Glitter

Glitter. Glitter. And more Glitter. If you thought the ultra-glow trend stopped at highlighters, you are missing out. This season, glitter is not just limited to Halloween and music festivals, the more, the better. The best part about this is that you can decide how much or little glitter to use in your look. Try a sparkly highlighter and some glitter liner for a more laid back look, or go all out with glitter eyeshadow because why not! Want to try a glittery look? Try the Stila Glitter & Glow liquid eyeshadows.

Crazy colors!

The days of neutrals being the only acceptable colors for everyday makeup looks are behind us. Wearing a simple outfit to beat the fall cold? Try throwing some colorful eyeshadow on to add some excitement to your outfit. Don’t be afraid to go crazy and try a color you wouldn’t usually wear, like orange, green or red, whether it’s in eyeshadow, lip colors, or a simple winged eyeliner. Try the Urban Decay Full Spectrum palette to try out this look.

Monochromatic

While crazy trends are in the spotlight this season, there also is a heavy focus on simplicity in beauty. A great way to achieve this is by a simple monochromatic look. This look can be achieved by using the same one color on your eyes, cheeks, and lips. Monochromatic makeup looks are especially popular with nudes, rose, red, and peachy colors. Want the perfect monochromatic eyeshadow? Try choosing colors from the Modern Renaissance palette by Anastasia Beverly Hills.

Gloss

Your middle school lip smackers obsession is back and more socially acceptable than ever before. One of the trends dominating the beauty scene this season has been gloss on both eyes and lips. This trend is everything your middle school self loves- simple, fun, and fresh. Following this trend is easy. Do the bare minimum by swiping on some clear gloss on your lips, or get fun with it and try layering gloss over different lip colors or on top of eyeshadow for a look straight off the runway. Follow this trend with Glossier’s Lip Gloss or Fenty Beauty by Rihanna’s Gloss Bomb Universal Lip.

Try out any of these looks? Snap a pic and tag us on Instagram @HCBelmont !

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

I am a freshman journalism major at Belmont University, but was born and raised on the East Coast in Boston, MA. I am obsessed with all things fashion and beauty, my sorority Alpha Gamma Delta - Theta Tau, binge watching the show Friends, traveling to different places, listening to acoustic music, and drinking lattés from Nashville coffee shops. I also adore New York City and dream of working in the fashion industry there after college. Follow Hannah on Instagram @hannahbertolino