Must-See Music Festivals This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

What are you doing this summer? If you’re going home or staying in Nashville, there are definitely going to be some amazing music festivals this summer wherever you are. Here are some of the best summer music fests of 2017!

Beale Street Music Festival – Memphis, TN

Date: May 5th-7th

Lineup: MGMT, Soundgarden, Death Cab for Cutie, Wiz Khalifa, Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals, Tori Kelly, Grouplove, X Ambassadors, and more

Bonnaroo – Manchester, TN

Date: June 8th-11th

Lineup: U2, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Weeknd, Chance the Rapper, Major Lazer, Flume, Lorde, The XX, Travis Scott, Cage the Elephant, Marshmello, The Head and the Heart, and more

Boston Calling –  Allston, MA

Dates: May 26th-28th

Lineup: Tool, Mumford and Sons, Chance the Rapper, Bon Iver, The XX, Solange, Mac Demarco, The 1975, Oh Wonder, Tegan & Sara, Weezer, Run the Jewels, and more

BottleRock – Napa Valley, CA

Date: May 26th-28th

Lineup: Foo Fighters, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Maroon 5, Modest Mouse, Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals, Fitz & The Tantrums, St. Lucia, The Naked and Famous, Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Strumbellas, Judah & the Lion, and more

Coachella – Indio, CA

Date: April 14th-16th and April 21st-23rd

Lineup: Radiohead, Beyonce, Kendrick Lamar, The XX, Lorde, Travis Scott, Father John Misty, Mac Miller, Glass Animals, Mac DeMarco, Bon Iver, Schoolboy Q, Future, The Head and the Heart, and more

Firefly Music Festival – Dover, DE

Date: June 15th-18th

Lineup: The Weeknd, Muse, Twenty One Pilots, Chance the Rapper, Bob Dylan, Kaleo, Glass Animals, Flume, Weezer, Kesha, Muse, The Shins, and more

Free Press Summerfest – Houston, TX

Date: June 3rd-4th

Lineup: Lorde, Flume, G-Eazy, Cage the Elephant, Solange, The Shins, Tove Lo, Milky Chance, Jon Bellion, Portugal. The Man, St. Paul & The Broken Bones, and more

Governor’s Ball – Randall’s Island, NY

Date: June 2nd-4th

Lineup: Tool, Chance the Rapper, Phoenix, Childish Gambino, Lorde, Flume, Schoolboy Q, Bleachers, Tove Lo, Kehlani, Dua Lipa, Wu-Tang Clan, The Strumbellas, Judah & The Lion, and more

Hangout Fest – Gulf Shores, AL

Date: May 19th-21st

Lineup: Mumford & Sons, Twenty One Pilots, Frank Ocean, Chance the Rapper, Major Lazer, Weezer, Marshmello, Young the Giant, Franz Ferdinand, Charli XCX, DJ Snake, and more

Lollapalooza – Chicago, IL

Date: August 3rd-6th

Lineup: Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire, The XX, Cage the Elephant, Run The Jewels, Kaleo, Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness, The Pretty Reckless, Alt-J, Glass Animals, Vance Joy, George Ezra, and more

Panorama Festival – Randall’s Island, NY

Date: July 28th-29th

Lineup: Frank Ocean, Tame Impala, Solange, MGMT, Tyler the Creator, Alt-J, Nick Murphy, Nicholas Jaar, Nine Inch Nails, A Tribe Called Quest, Justice, Glass Animals, Angel Olsen, and more

Sasquatch! – George, WA

Date: May 26th-28th

Lineup: Twenty One Pilots, Frank Ocean, Chance the Rapper, MGMT, The Head and the Heart, The Shins, Mac Miller, Phantogram, Bonobo, and more

Shaky Knees – Atlanta, GA

Date: May 12th-14th

Lineup: The XX, LCD Soundsystem, Phoenix, Cage the Elephant, Pixies, Portugal. The Man, Car Seat Headrest, Nick Murphy, X Ambassadors, Moon Taxi, Catfish and the Bottlemen, The Shins, Ryan Adams, and more

Summerfest Milwaukee – Milwaukee, WI

Date: June 28th-July 2nd and July 4th-9th

Lineup: Red Hot Chili Peppers, P!nk, The Chainsmokers, Luke Bryan, Zac Brown Band, Dierks Bentley, Future, Migos, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Chris Stapleton, and more

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Singer/Songwriter from Phoenix, Arizona