Meet HC Belmont:Claudia Christensen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Name: Claudia Christensen

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Orlando, FL

Major/ Minor: Social Entrepreneurship –  Emphasis in Contemporary Social Issues

Role at HC Belmont: Marketing Team and Financial Officer

What are your interests and hobbies?

I love singing, songwriting, reading, watching good movies, volunteering, seeing live music, going on runs when it’s warm outside, trying new foods, and helping others in any way I can.

What are you involved in/off-campus?

I’m a Resident Assistant in Kennedy, President of Circle K (an international service organization), in Kappa Alpha Theta, and I’m in GrammyU. I also volunteer a lot specifically with Tails of the Trail and the Nashville Food Project!

Why did you choose Belmont?

I chose Belmont because the moment I set foot on campus I felt at home. Everyone is so friendly, supportive, and creative, and I really wanted to be in an environment where I felt like the people were genuinely interested in investing in one another. Apart from that, I came originally for Music Business, but I ended up changing at the end of my freshman year. Lucky for me, Belmont is the only school with a specific undergraduate program for Social Entrepreneurship.

Any Role Models? Why?

Ellen DeGeneres has been someone I’ve looked up to for a long time because of her humility, honesty, courage, and boldness. I love that she is so kind and willing to be herself, despite any opposition. I feel like she has really helped pave the way for the LGBT community and I admire her for that.

What is your favorite spot at Belmont? In Nashville?

The mini courtyard between Potter and Hail was my favorite spot my freshman year, and this year I have really enjoyed spending time by the tables outside the Leu when it’s nice outside. My favorite place that’s a little out of the way that I’ve visited this year is definitely Greeter Falls. I went hiking there earlier, and although it was an arduous path, the view was breathtaking.

Fun fact about me:

I have been a vegetarian for almost 12 years now and I could probably consume my body weight in Garden Salsa Sun Chips at any time.

What is your favorite thing about HC?

I love that we embody female empowerment in a positive, inclusive way.

Favorite Quote?

“The sun still rises, even with the pain.” – The Head and the Heart

Favorite Food?

I am incredibly passionate about Mexican food and Thai food, so anything in those categories.

Favorite Movie?

Stuck in Love, Perks of Being a Wallflower, 500 Days of Summer, and Gone Girl

Favorite Song?

Rivers and Roads by the Head and the Heart, Edge of Desire by John Mayer, Cavalier by James Vincent McMorrow, Ribs by Lorde, and Work Song and Cherry Wine by Hozier.

What’s something you wish more people knew about you?

I literally love getting to know people and learning about what shapes every individual. So many people tell me I’m really intimidating, but I am seriously the least scary person on the planet! Just talk to me, if you ever want to become friends. I promise I’m nice!

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Born and raised in Louisville, KY, Sarah came to Belmont as a member of the class of 2019. Sarah joined the Her Campus Belmont team as a chapter contributor her sophomore year and took over as President just a few months later. While you'll find her studying corporate communications and theatre during school, in her free time she enjoys hot yoga, bingeing Game of Thrones, and working to make her chapter the absolute best it can be.