Meet HC Belmont: Madison Kendrick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Year: Sophomore

Name: Madison Kendrick

Hometown: Atlanta, GA

Major/ Minor: Marketing

Role at HC Belmont: Marketing and Publicity Director

What are your interests and hobbies?

Dancing (tap is my fav), film acting, traveling, being obsessed with NYC, & finding new coffee shops in Nashville.

What are you involved in/off-campus?

Belmont Speech and Debate Team; Student Government Association Congressman; Dickens Hall Community Council, American Marketing Association Secretary

Why did you choose Belmont?

I thought my whole life I would go to Auburn University. Belmont wasn’t even on my radar until I toured. The moment I stepped on campus, I knew this was the place for me to be for the next four years. I vividly remember my parents and I wondering around campus lost, and at least three different students jumped up to help us find what we were looking for. That, for me, sealed the deal.

Any Role Models? Why?

Audrey Hepburn. My mom made me watch all of her movies when I was a little girl. I always respected her elegance both on-screen and in her everyday life. She has been a huge inspiration for me as I have matured.

What is your favorite spot at Belmont? In Nashville?

At Belmont: The library (lol)

In Nashville: Barista Parlor (coffee shop)

Fun fact about me:

I was a dancer for 10 years!

What is your favorite thing about HC?

The way it empowers young women and gives collegiate girls a powerful voice and creative outlet.

Favorite Quote?

“What is a legacy? It’s planting seeds in a garden you never get to see.” – Lin Manuel Miranda

Favorite Food?

Chick-Fil-A

Favorite Movie?

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Favorite Song?

Funny-Tori Kelly

What’s something you wish more people knew about you?

I’m obsessed with college football.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Born and raised in Louisville, KY, Sarah came to Belmont as a member of the class of 2019. Sarah joined the Her Campus Belmont team as a chapter contributor her sophomore year and took over as President just a few months later. While you'll find her studying corporate communications and theatre during school, in her free time she enjoys hot yoga, bingeing Game of Thrones, and working to make her chapter the absolute best it can be.