How to Put Together the Perfect Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Summer is only months away and for many that means hitting the open road. The most important part of a road trip is arguably the playlist, especially if you’re traveling with others for a long period of time. A playlist can make or break the vibe of your trip. Nothing’s worse than being stuck in a car with someone and suffering through spotty radio or a terrible playlist. So get your AUX cord and check out these tips. 

Getting started 

Go ahead and pick out what platform you’re going to use. I prefer Spotify but to each their own. Start by picking some of your favorite songs and add them to your new playlist. If you’re using Spotify then it will suggest similar songs at the bottom you may want to add. The best way to start is just diving in and going for it. You can make a playlist for just about anything so keep in mind what you’re going to use it for and what you want the vibe of it to be. 

Think about how long your drive is going to be 

The best road trip songs are ones that you know and can sing along to. But you also need enough options so it doesn’t loop in the second hour of your 11 hours drive because that would be brutal. So start by building your playlist with that in mind. I use Spotify for my music needs but use your platform of choice and get started. 

Consider who you’re going with

You don’t want to subject your road trip partner to your taste in music when they hate your favorite genre. So you have two options. You can either split the AUX cord time with them or you can make a special playlist for songs you both like. If you don’t want to do either of those things be humane and throw in some of their favorite music into your playlist.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Madeline is a senior at Belmont University in Nashville and a lifelong Tennessean. She is majoring in Entertainment Industry Studies with a minor in Business Administration. She loves binge watching dramas on Netflix, going to Predators games, and spending time with family and friends.