How to Be a Hepburn in a Kardashian World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

How to Be a Hepburn in a Kardashian World is a new book hot off the press and ready to be added to your bookshelf. This book was written by Jordan Christy, a Belmont alumna who graduated in 2009 and has been featured on The TODAY Show and The Washington Times.

How to Be a Hepburn in a Kardashian World looks to stress the importance of being true to yourself even when you may not look like or have a lavish lifestyle like many of today’s icons – for example, the Kardashians. This guide gives the “real” meaning of beauty: it’s not what you look like but how you act and what ideas are held by those who meet you. 

Christy provides advice on dating, social media, dealing with difficult friend situations, and generally how to behave in a way that will inspire respect and admiration . The book also includes quizzes that encourage you to reflect about yourself. The quizzes pose questions about your social media presence, your self respect, what kind of bookworm you can identify as, and how to identify your own personal style. Christy doesn’t just provide helpful and practical fashion and makeup tips, but also tips for professional life, including advice for interviews, resumes, and cover letters. There is something for everyone to be found in this uplifting and motivational book. 

Drop by the book launch for How to Be a Hepburn in a Kardashian World on April 28, 6:30 PM, at Parnassus Books in Nashville. 

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram  

Madeline is a senior at Belmont University in Nashville and a lifelong Tennessean. She is majoring in Entertainment Industry Studies with a minor in Business Administration. She loves binge watching dramas on Netflix, going to Predators games, and spending time with family and friends.