This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

While we’re all a little upset that summer is about to end (actually, very upset), we’re making these last few days count.  If you’re looking for something to do with your crew this weekend, go hit the movies and see Florence Foster Jenkins, staring Hugh Grant and Meryl Streep.  It releases on August 12th and is the perfect way to get you back into the Belmont mindset because, well….music.  In the movie, Meryl Streep plays an aspiring opera singer who is determined to make it big, despite her poor singing abilities.  

To celebrate its release, we sat down with recent graduate Chloe Caroline Fellows to talk about her time at Belmont and how it’s shaped her into the artist she is today.  The Manhattan Beach, California native has big things in her future.

So, we have to ask the obvious question…why Belmont?

Belmont was one of the only schools that offered an opportunity to study music business in the heart of the music world and pursue my singer/songwriter career at the same time. Plus, it’s in Nashville, and after growing up in L.A. I wanted a change of scenery to expand my knowledge. 

What about Belmont has been most helpful for you and your music career?

Belmont gave me a focused environment that challenged and pushed me far beyond what I thought was capable. There are thousands of kids there that want success just as bad as you do and are so talented.  Belmont provided me with cool organizations like Bear House Writer Management and Grammy U to work with those students, the future people of the music industry. It forces you to be better when you are surrounded with people even better than you. 

What’s to come in terms of your music?

Mmost recently, my single “Indian Summer” just got added to Radio Disney Country. I have been gearing up and writing for my next record that will hopefully begin production this fall. I’m also continuing in building my fan base and planning a small road tour. I have an end title in a Lionsgate major motion picture called “The Great Gilly Hopkins” that comes out this fall. 

What has been most exciting in your music career thus far?

There are a few that stick out, like getting a song that I wrote and recorded in a major movie, getting added to the Radio Disney Country family as an unsigned artist and hearing my single on the radio. Also, getting to see my fan base grow from my parents and friends to people I have yet to get to meet yet from all around the world! 

How would you describe your music and what is inspiring you as of late?

I would describe my music as something I like to call California country. I don’t like to put myself in a box or necessarily place myself in one genre but I’d say it’s a combo between Colbie Caillat, old T-Swift, and Lady Antebellum. Most recently, I’m loving Caitlin Smith and Maren Morris’s new albums.

Check out Florence Foster Jenkins this weekend and keep an eye out for more from Chloe Caroline!

A freshman at Belmont University, Sarah Sholar is pursuing her dream to work in the entertainment industry with full force. Born and raised in small-town North Carolina, she is working to make her spot in a big city. Her loves include Taylor Swift, baking, watercolor painting, and attending every concert within a thirty mile radius.