An Exclusive Look into Kelsea Ballerini on Tour & Her New Album

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Labelled as the next queen of country by Billboard, award winning country music artist and ultimate country cool girl Kelsea Ballerini brings a new and fresh wave of excitement to female country artists.

After being nominated for Best New Artist at the Grammys and having three consecutive singles reach No. 1 for her hit songs “Love Me Like You Mean It,” “Dibs” and “Peter Pan,” Ballerini doesn’t show a single sign of stopping in her future.

As for 2017, Ballerini has been working hard to keep up her success and country queen status, all without risking a hint of her signature fun personality. Ballerini, today, has hit the road with Lady Antebellum, joining the band on their “You Look Good Tour”.

“Getting to tour with my friends is always amazing and getting to watch their show to see how they play an hour and a half of hits every night and just learning from them and looking up to them is awesome,” says Ballerini.

Luckily, we’re premiering an exclusive video of some of the best moments from Ballerini’s first week on the tour, so you can experience a little piece of the magic that goes into the concert! The video features a behind the scenes look at all the fun and hard work that the artist’s tour life has to offer.

Click the link to view the video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEwkm7HYgmA&feature=youtu.be

Not only is Ballerini living her dreams as one of country music’s top artists today, but she also experiences the typical highs and lows of life for someone in their early 20’s: making her own fun with wherever she goes, falling in love and getting engaged.

However, Ballerini’s newest single, “Legends,” contrasts the lighthearted tone of some of her earlier singles and shows the artist in a whole new light, exposing a vulnerable and raw side of herself. As for the change of tone, the artist credits it to growing up.

“I wrote a lot in my last record when I was 19 and 20 and so just naturally as I (have) grown up my perspective has changed a lot and as a songwriter, it was really important for me to show a more in depth side in this album,” says Ballerini.

The new record, which has been long awaited by fans who love the singer’s upbeat, heartfelt and totally relatable music, will cover the ups and downs of the past year of Ballerini’s life, ultimately focusing on love.

As for what’s next for Kelsea Ballerini, we’re excited to to wait and see, but all we know is that there’s no chance her songs will be leaving our playlists any time soon!

I am a freshman journalism major at Belmont University, but was born and raised on the East Coast in Boston, MA. I am obsessed with all things fashion and beauty, my sorority Alpha Gamma Delta - Theta Tau, binge watching the show Friends, traveling to different places, listening to acoustic music, and drinking lattés from Nashville coffee shops. I also adore New York City and dream of working in the fashion industry there after college. Follow Hannah on Instagram @hannahbertolino