samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Coffee Shops of Nashville

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

If I’m being completely honest with myself the reason I go to most coffee shops is not because of the quality of the coffee itself; I’m going for a certain vibe. This can range from hanging out and gossiping with friends to intensely studying for my next final. When I moved to Nashville for college one of my first priorities was to find coffee shops that would cover all of my moods and every type of occasion. Below are the five coffee shops I find myself at when the Starbucks is packed and I’m just ready to get off campus. 

Frothy Monkey at Grimey’s Too 

This shop is located in the same building as Grimey’s Too, a popular music store, as well as Howlin’ Books. You get a little bit of everything when you come to this shop. The perks include minimal talking because of the bookstore aspect, with the added bonus of a great playlist that comes with music store. I find this to be a great study spot primarily because I get to take breaks to browse the records and books. 

CREMA

I would go here just to sit back and see who might walk in next. This spot seems to attract every hipster of Nashville. When the weather is perfect this is the place to be because of all the outdoor seating. The inside is just as perfect for anyone looking for a place to study where the noise level isn’t too high. 

Three Brothers Coffee

Come for the Instagram picture, stay for the coffee. The alcove right outside of the shop is perfect for anyone looking for the next picture to step up their Instagram feed. This spot seems like a social hotspot for those looking to catch up with friends or get away from the stress of school for a minute. 

Ugly Mugs Coffee and Tea

Located in East Nashville this spot is surrounded by plenty of other hip restaurants and shops if you want to make a whole day of your coffee trip. This shop also offers food of its own which is important when you plan on powering through lunch. Each time I’ve been to this shop the playlist has been full of upbeat and energizing hits that could encourage anyone to get through the next hour of studying.

Barista Parlor

Any Nashville native will rave for days about Five Daughters Bakery’s donuts. Barista Parlor has definitely tuned into that because alongside their coffee they also have a selection of donuts that could make any mouth water. There is an open air feel created by the sliding garage door window and long rows of wooden tables. This is the place to consider next time you’re looking for enough space to host a group project or meeting.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Megan is a second year student at Belmont University, located just outside of downtown Nashville. On any given day you can find her creating a Spotify playlist, jotting down some poetry or searching for a new vintage clothing store. If you go an entire conversation with her and don't hear something about her undying love for Elton John, you didn't talk to her long enough.