This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

With the end of the academic year approaching, many collegiates will find themselves stressed as they prepare for final exams and tie up all loose ends before the semester comes to a close. Here are a few methods to relieve some of the stress and anxiety you might be feeling these next few weeks.

1. Exercise

Whether it’s jogging a mile at the crack of dawn or attending a late-night yoga class, exercise is vital to maintaining a healthy, stress-free lifestyle. Taking a break from studying to workout will give you much needed “me” time and a positive distraction from whatever else you have going on in your life.

2. Write in a journal

Writing in a journal when you are feeling stressed, overwhelmed or anxious can help you alleviate some of the negative emotions you might be experiencing. It gives yourself a chance to focus on what you are feeling, venting it out and creating space in your mind for happy, healthy thoughts.

3. Maintain a healthy diet

Don’t use finals week as an excuse to treat yourself to unhealthy food every night. Keeping a balanced diet, especially during finals, is proven to impact your study habits and your overall performance in the classroom. Study hard and eat healthy now, and treat yourself to junk food when finals are over.

4. Use an essential oil diffuser

An essential oil diffuser, also known as an aromatherapy diffuser, are known to improve your health, help you sleep better and increase your energy. During exams, an essential oil diffuser can help you achieve a good night’s sleep and increase your energy levels to keep you going throughout the day.

5. Be proactive

Don’t let deadlines at the end of the year sneak up on you. Print out and highlight important due dates, study guides and last-minute assignments to conquer before the semester ends. Copy down all your remaining tasks and assignments in a planner and start checking each item off the list once it’s completed and avoid waiting until the last minute.

6. Stay organized

On the same note, strive to stay as organized as possible during the end of the school year. Purge your folders and notebooks of old assignments and forms you won’t need for studying or in the upcoming year. Create an inviting space in your room, such as your desk, where you can get work done and not worry about unnecessary clutter taking up space and time during your jam-packed schedule.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Madeline is a student at Belmont University studying journalism and public relations. She is from Cincinnati, OH. Madeline enjoys writing, traveling, researching fashion trends, engaging in political discussions, and listening to music. After college, she hopes to write about fashion, travel, politics, and other current events.