10 Movie Soundtracks for Intense Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

If you’re like me, when you study you listen to music in order to block out background noise but are distracted by music with lyrics. The solution? Movie soundtracks. A good movie soundtrack complements the onscreen action without distracting from it, and the same goes for a study soundtrack: you want it to keep you focused and not detract from your work. Listen to these ten intense movie soundtracks to get the most out of your study session and make even homework seem epic. For best results, use headphones and don’t click shuffle–listen to the albums in order for a cohesive sound. Now, go hit the books!

Dunkirk- Hans Zimmer

The ticking clock will remind you that you’re on a schedule and you don’t have time to procrastinate.

ArrivalJohann Johannsson

This soundtrack keeps you on your toes with its humming variety of sound.

Inception- Hans Zimmer

Get ready to go deep into studiousness, so deep you’re studying within studying.

Pacific Rim- Ramin Djawadi

Gritty and upbeat: perfect for making you feel industrious.

The Dark Knight RisesHans Zimmer

Is homework the Bane of your existence? Gear up and get ready to kick homework’s butt, vigilante style.

Moon-Clint Mansell

Dynamic enough to keep you focused, but overall more soothing than soundtracks like The Dark Knight Rises or Dunkirk.

Interstellar- Hans Zimmer

Are you hurtling through the galaxy or writing a paper?

Tron: LegacyDaft Punk

Jam out to this orchestral piece laced with electronic influence.

The Da Vinci CodeHans Zimmer

This soundtrack will ebb between being really quiet and really loud, so it’s good if you need to stay awake.

Logan- Marco Beltrami

Get your claws out and slash everything off of your to do list!

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

A lover of fountain pens, cookie dough, and cats, Macey Howell is always open to talking about books, movies, and Marvel Comics. Originally from Murfreesboro, TN, Macey moved up to Belmont to study Publishing and is currently in her freshman year. She is an awkward dancer, but will enthusiastically and unabashedly jam out to Come on Eileen and Take on Me.