Who are Cheat Codes?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

The Performer: Cheat Codes

Members: Matthew Russell, Trevor Dahl, and Kevin Ford

Hometown: Los Angeles, CA

Genre: EDM; trap; tropical house

Top Five Songs on Spotify:

1. No Promises (feat. Demi Lovato)

2. Pretty Girl – Cheat Codes x CADE Remix

3. Feels Great (feat. Fetty Wap & CVBZ)

4. Shed a Light

5. Stay With You

Social Media Handle: @cheatcodesmusic

About the Trio: Cheat Codes is an electric style trio that was formed in 2014.  Each member brought a different background and style to the group.  The group produces music ranging from tropical pop songs to raging trap and house music. Touring with groups like the Chainsmokers, Cheat Codes has seen major success in the past few years. Their 2016 breakout single “Sex” featured lyrics from Salt-n-Pepa’s 1991 hit “Let’s Talk About Sex.”  Following this single, the group dropped “No Promises” featuring Demi Lovato, which saw major success throughout 2017. Their latest hit has been “Feels Great” which features Fetty Wap and CVBZ.  

What to expect: Following the success and excitement Marshmello brought to the annual Plexapalooza concert last year, one has to wonder if this year’s act will live up to expectations.  Cheat Codes is used to delivering feel good and dynamic performances that will mix well with the weekend atmosphere at Boston College. The trio often finds themselves delivering uplifting anthems for kicking back with friends, which is something every BC student is in need of by the time the weekend rolls around. The energetic group has an eclectic style that is guaranteed to please all those in attendance this year. One should expect an exciting performance and a fun night that you will be raving about for weeks after the show is over.  

Vanessa is a senior at Boston College studying Economics and Communications. She is proud to be the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Boston College!