A Weekend Class to Get You Pumped

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Are you feeling lazy this weekend and need some extra motivation?

This past Sunday I was feeling extra lazy and hung over from partying it up from the BC win against USC (Wooo go BC). I was going to give up on my workout plans for the day and just hit the books, but then I decided to look up the BC Plex group fitness schedule. I decided that I was going to check out Consuelo’s 60 minute spinning class at 6 and I have to say this was one of the best decisions I made all weekend.

Consuelo’s spinning class not only gives you a great workout that will kick your butt, but she is motivating and tranquil at the same time. At the beginning of the class she encourages you to let go of something negative you are holding on to and ride it out. This sets the tone for the rest of your workout because now you have a purpose and reason to work harder. Throughout the class she mixes up the cycling between hills and sprints just like the other spinning class, but she does add a little flair by incorporating crunches into some of the rides. When you start to feel exhausted, Consuelo inspires everyone to push themselves a little harder by saying enthusiastic comments during the difficult climbs. To top off the great workout, Consuelo will make everyone reflect about their successful ride giving you chance to feel accomplished, calm, and ready to tackle the rest of your week.

So, if you are feeling lazy this weekend.., Stop, get up, and check out Consuelo’s spinning class on Sunday evening. You wont regret it! But remember to sign up for the class early because last weekend it was completely full. If you aren’t the spinning type, there are also several other amazing classes offered at the Plex over weekend. The classes are a nice change of pace to your regular workout routine, so why not have fun and switch it up over the weekend?

Check out the Plex Group Fitness schedule for more information! 

Photo Sources

http://fitnessanytimeanywhere.com/inspiration-day-2/

http://www.bc.edu/content/bc/offices/rec/about-us/spin.html

I am a Political Science major and Women's and Gender Studies minor at Boston College. I am an RA on campus and am involved in the Student Admissions Program. Since I am from Florida, I can legitimately say that I love long walks on the beach. I also love getting lost in a world fabricated by a novel, there is honestly nothing better.