Things Heard Around “Campus”: Clemson Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Seventeen hours south of our campus in Chestnut Hill, is another university that had maroon and gold clad students roaming about this past weekend. This university, Clemson, hosted the BC Eagles as well as many devoted fans for a Saturday football game. As students packed their cars or RVs and made their way to South Carolina, staying in this college town for (probably not enough) time, and trekked back to BC we had plenty of time to say a few things. For many it was both a cultural and learning experience on top of a fun one! Let’s listen in to what was heard in “Death Valley”:

• “Y’all aren’t from around here are you…” – several locals reacting to the BC-like mannerisms in the South
  • “Are we there yet?!” – anyone at any point during the long seventeen hour drive
  • On the way down: “What’s a Waffle House?! What’s Bojangles?! What is Fatz?! Let’s try it!” … On the way back: “If I see another sign for one of these places or Cracker Barrel I may scream.”
  • “Not going to lie, kinda grateful I don’t have to wear dresses and curl my hair for a football game.” – BC girls in their Superfan shirts reacting to Clemson girls in their game day dresses
  • “Did you feel the water yet?! (also did you shower in there this morning)” – BC students excited about the RV parking location on University beach

• “That was pretty cool!” – reaction of BC students as Clemson football players rush down the hill with balloons and fireworks at the beginning of the game
  • “Eagles on the warparth ooh-aah” – (yep that cheer happened…)
  •  “Wow they sell alcohol EVERYWHERE down here!” – reaction of BC students over 21 as they enter a convenience store or gas station or Walgreens and see alcohol 
  • “These people know the RIGHT way to tailgate!” – reaction to Clemson fans tailgating for miles around campus with TVs, satellites and buffets
  • “Wow, Southern hospitality is definitely a real thing!” – pleased by the nice conversations with locals
  • “Not gonna lie, this RVing thing is pretty cool.” – reaction of BC students showing it was SO worth the trip!

Photo Sources:

Own photography

www.facebook.com/BostonCollege…

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum